Baahubali 2 becomes first Indian film to collect Rs 1000 crore worldwide
Prabhas and Rana Daggubatti starrer 'Baahubali 2: The Conclusion' has collected Rs 1000 crore in all languages across the world.
SS Rajamouli's Baahubali 2: The Conclusion became the first Indian film to cross the RS 1000 crore mark with its worldwide collections. Reports suggest that trade analysts have reported that the film has made over Rs 800 crore in India and more than Rs 200 crore in the international markets.
The two films in the series namely Baahubali: The Beginning and Baahubali 2: The Conclusion had a budget of around Rs 450 crore.
The film that stars Prabhas, Rana Daggubatti, Ramya Krishna, Anushka Shetty and Tamannaah in lead roles and released in four languages not only succeeded in India but also drew audiences from abroad.
Four languages in which the film was released include Hindi, Tamil, Telugu and Malayalam.
The film has not only shattered the records of a collection of films like Aamir Khan’s Dangal and PK but has also outperformed the lifetime collection of its predecessor in the series, Baahubali: The Beginning.
About Baahubali 2: The Conclusion
• The film co-written and directed by SS Rajamouli and produced by Tollywood studio Arka Media Works is the continuation of Baahubali: The Beginning.
• The film was released worldwide on 28 April 2017.
• It is the first Telugu film to be released in 4K High Definition format.
• Earlier, it became the first Indian film to get a worldwide gross of more than Rs 500 crore in all languages in just three days.
• Baahubali 2 became the highest grossing Indian film ever with the worldwide gross of approx Rs 900 crore in all languages in just seven days, surpassing PK worldwide gross of 792 crores.
• On the 9th day, Baahubali 2 became the first Indian film ever to collect Rs 1000 crore.