Baba Ramdev was appointed as state brand ambassador of Haryana Government. Minister of Sports and Health of Haryana, Anil Vij announced the decision on 15 January 2015.
The appointment was a part of government of Haryana’s ambitious plans to promote yoga and ayurveda in Haryana state.
Haryana government‘s plan to promote Yoga and Ayurveda
• Krishna Ayurvedic college of Haryana will be developed into an Ayurvedic University whereas a yogic centre of international standards will be built in Panchkula.
• An herbal forest will be developed over thousands of acres of land in Haryana state where plants of 25 thousand species of ayurvedic herbs will be grown under the supervision of Ramdev.
• Yoga will be made a compulsory subject in schools of Haryana. Vyayamshalas and yogshalas will be constructed in all the towns and about 6500 villages of Haryana for this purpose under the guidance of Ramdev.
• Zero period in all schools of Haryana will be yoga period and the PT teachers will have to undergo a training in yoga under the guidance of Ramdev.
• An ayush wing was being established in all the hospitals of Haryana where 550 doctors will have to do a refresher course under the supervision of Ramdev. And also Anaganvadi teachers will be imparted training in yoga.
Who: Baba Ramdev
When: 15 January 2015