Beipanjiang Bridge: World’s tallest bridge that is suspended over an 1854-foot gorge
Beipanjiang Bridge, the world’s highest bridge that connects the province of Guizhou and Yunnan in the remote mountainous part of China was opened to traffic on 29 December 2016. The bridge spans 1850 feet (564 meters) above a gorge over the Beipan River.
Build at an expense of about USD 146.7 million dollars Beipanjiang Bridge will help in reducing the road travel time between Xuianwei to Liupanshui from five hours to two.
As per reports, the bridge surpassed the 1837-foot-tall Sidu River Bridge for its world record title.
About Beipanjiang Bridge
• The bridge that hangs above the Beipan River was developed in three years.
• The 1341-meter long bridge is a four-lane roadway.
• The bridge is named after Beipan River over which it was developed.
• The bridge is a part of 2115 mile Hangrui Highway that will connect Hangzhou to the China-Myanmar border crossing in Ruili.
As per reports, may be Beipanjiang is the highest bridge in the world, but France’s Millau viaduct remains the world’s tallest bridge at a height of 1125 feet.
Interesting fact: China is a home of eight of the world’s 10 highest bridges. Maximum of these bridges is available in the rural region of the country. List of top ten bridges of the world
• Beipanjiang Bridge, China
• Sidu River Bridge (was world's highest bridge since 2009 until opening of Beipanjiang bridge), China
• Puli Bridge, China
• Qingshui River Bridge, China
• Hegigio Gorge Pipeline Bridge, Papua New Guinea (It was World's highest bridge from 2005 to 2009 and at present; it is world's highest pipeline bridge)
• Baluarte Bridge, Mexico (It is highest cable-stayed bridge in the world and also the highest bridge in the Americas)
• Baling River Bridge, China
• Beipan River Guanxing Highway Bridge, China (it was world's highest bridge from 2003 to 2005)
• Liuchong River Bridge, China
• Dimuhe River Bridge, China
• Aizhai Bridge, China (It is world's highest tunnel-to-tunnel bridge)
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.