Forbes on 21 November 2017 released the list of World's Highest-Paid Women in Music 2017. The list is topped by Singer-Songwriter Beyonce Knowles.
Beyonce’s hit album 'Lemonade' and her world tour made her the highest-paid woman in music in 2017, followed by Britain’s Adele and pop star Taylor Swift in second and third position respectively.
• Beyonce Knowles earned a total wealth of USD 105 million from record sales and from her “Formation” concert tour. She also has her own Ivy Park fashion line and other business interests.
• Adele fetched the second spot with a total worth of USD 69 million, boosted by her first proper tour since 2011.
• Taylor Swift ranked third with a wealth of USD 44 million.
• Celine Dion ranked fourth with USD 42 million net worth, followed by Jennifer Lopez at fifth position with USD 38 million wealth.
• The other women in top 10 are Dolly Parton at 6th position (USD 37 million), Rihanna at seventh (USD 36 million), Britney Spears at eighth (USD 34 million), Katy Perry at ninth (USD 33 million) and Barbra Streisand at tenth (USD 30 million).
How the list was compiled?
Forbes compiled the list after estimating pretax income of all the female musicians from June 2016 to June 2017, and also considered the fees charged by their agents, managers and lawyers.
They gathered the data from Nielsen SoundScan, Pollstar, the RIAA and interviews with industry insiders.
When: 22 November 2017