The BRICS countries (Brazil, Russia, China, India and South Africa) on 30 September 2016 adopted the New Delhi Declaration of Education.
The nations pledged to develop an enabling framework to promote research cooperation and knowledge transfer among these countries in collaboration with other BRICS initiatives.
Highlights of the Declaration
• All five countries also decided to organise an annual conference of the BRICS Network University in the country of the current BRICS Chair.
• BRICS will also encourage more universities to participate in the BRICS University League to facilitate student mobility and collaborative research.
• The nations also agreed to facilitate mobility of students and scholars, and encourage exchange of teaching faculty..
• The other areas of cooperation include using information and communication technologies (ICTs) for improving access to education, teacher development, and strengthening educational planning.
• The countries will also identify a nodal institution within each country and create an institutional network to share ICT policies, Open Educational Resources and other e-resources.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App
Who: BRICS Nations
When: 30 September 2016