China's first domestically developed electricity-powered aircraft known as RX1E was on 4 December 2015 approved for production by Civil Aviation Administration of China.
RX1E electric light-sport aircraft was developed by Shenyang Aerospace University and it will be China's first manned electric light aircraft.
Highlights of the RX1E electric light-sport aircraft
• This two-seater plane is powered by lithium batteries.
• It is capable of flying a maximum altitude of 3000 meters.
• A charging time of 90 minutes enables it to fly for 45 to 60 minutes.
• The plane can be used for pilot training, sightseeing tours as well as experimental flying.
• It can take the maximum takeoff weight of 480 kg and a cruise speed of up to 160 kilometres per hour.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App
What: Approved for production
When: 4 December 2015
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.