Central Leather Research Institute's (CLRI) Principal Scientist P Shanmugam on 15 August 2016 bagged the APJ Abdul Kalam Award for his meritorious services in the Higher Education Department of Tamil Nadu.
The award consists of a certificate, 5 lakh rupees cheque and a 8 gram gold medal.
Other Awards and Awardees
• The state government also bestowed the Kalpana Chawla Award for Courage and Daring Enterprise to Jayanthi from Namakkal District.
• On the other hand, Chief Minister's Best Practices Award was presented to Thanjavur District Collector N Subbaiyan and Superintendent of Police Mayilvahanan.
• Tamil Nadu Rural Development Minister S P Velumani and Principal Secretary of Rural Development Hansraj Verma received the award for solid waste management in rural areas.
• State Revenue Minister RB Udhayakumar and Revenue Department, Prinicipal Secretary B Chandramohan received the award in the field of online patta transfer.
• Dindigul Corporation received the Best Corporation Award.
• Pattukottai Municipality received the Best Municipality First Prize while Perambalur Municipality bagged the second prize.
• The Chief Minister's State Youth Award was presented to K Masha Nazeem in women's category while in Men's category, P Ruban Santhosh bagged the award.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App
When: 15 August 2016