Ace Portuguese footballer Cristiano Ronaldo on 9 January 2017 was honoured with the Best FIFA Men’s Player 2016 award in Zurich, Switzerland.
Ronaldo garnered 34.54% of total votes to grab the title. He beat Barcelona's Lionel Messi, who scored 26.42% of total votes, and Atletico Madrid's Antoine Griezmann (7.53% of total votes) to the prize.
Also, the votes from over 45000 players around the world selected the FIFA FIFPro World11 as the dream team of 2016.
• The Best FIFA Women’s Player 2016: Carli Lloyd
• The Best FIFA Men’s Coach 2016: Claudio Ranieri
• The Best FIFA Women’s Coach 2016: Silvia Neid
• The FIFA Puskas Award 2016: Mohd Faiz Subri
• FIFA Fan Award 2016: Borussia Dortmund and Liverpool supporters
• FIFA Fair Play Award 2016: Atletico Nacional
• FIFA Award for an Outstanding Career: Alessandro Rosa Vieira
About Cristiano Ronaldo
• Cristiano Ronaldo is a Portuguese professional footballer.
• He plays for Spanish club Real Madrid and the Portugal national team.
• He is a forward and captains the national team.
• He won his first Ballon d'Or and FIFA World Player of the Year awards in 2008. He won the FIFA Ballon d'Or in 2013 and 2014.
• In 2016, he was awarded his fourth Ballon d'Or, the most for a European player in the history of the award.
• He is the only player to win four European Golden Shoe awards.
About Best FIFA Football Awards
• The Best FIFA Football Awards are an association football awards presented annually by the FIFA.
• The award aims at reviving the FIFA World Player of the Year, which was merged with France Football 's Ballon d'Or in 2010.
• The first award ceremony was held on 9 January 2017.
• The selection criteria for the players of the year were: sporting performance, general conduct on and off the pitch from 20 November 2015 to 22 November 2016.
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.