Former cabinet secretary T S R Subramanian passes away
• Former Cabinet secretary TSR Subramanian has passed away. He was 79.
• He was a 1961 batch IAS officer of the Uttar Pradesh cadre.
• Subramanian was the Cabinet Secretary from August 1996 to March 1998.
• He was part of a group of bureaucrats and diplomats on whose petition, the Supreme Court in 2013, rolled out key civil services reforms.
NGT appoints court commissioners for case related to sand mining in Jodhpur
• The National Green Tribunal appointed court commissioners to verify allegations made in a plea regarding illegal sand mining in Jodhpur district of Rajasthan.
• A bench headed by Justice Jawad Rahim appointed advocates Gaurav Bansal and Rahul Khurana as court commissioners in the case and directed them to submit the inspection report by 30 March.
• The tribunal was hearing a plea filed by local resident alleging illegal mining going in Beri Ganga Forest Block.
• The plea had alleged that large-scale mining was being carried out with the help of mechanical excavators in support with the authorities.
Michael McCormack named as Australia's new Deputy Prime Minister
• Michael McCormack was elected new Deputy Prime Minister of Australia after being selected as the leader of the country's National Party.
• McCormack replaces former Deputy Prime Minister Barnaby Joyce who was forced to resign amid public anger over an extramarital affair with his former press secretary.
• The leader of the National Party automatically becomes deputy prime minister under the terms of the coalition agreement Liberal party.
National conference on e-Governance to be held in Hyderabad
• The 21st national conference on e-Governance is being held in Hyderabad.
• Union Government and Telangana Administrative Reforms department are jointly organising the conference with the main theme around- 'Technology for accelerating development'.
• The two-day conference will deliberate on several aspects of the e-governance including its universalization and replication, governing e-governance, best practices, emerging technologies and synergising role of national and state governments.
PM launches various development projects worth Rs 1000 crores in Daman & Diu
• Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched various development projects worth Rs 1000 crores in Daman & Diu.
• He distributed certificates to beneficiaries of programs and addressed a public meeting at the Daman college ground.
• The Prime Minister inaugurated Air Odisha's flight connecting Ahmedabad with Diu under the UDAN scheme.
• He flagged off Pawan Hans helicopter services from Daman to Diu through a video link.
Vice president M Venkaiah Naidu gives away Prime Minister’s Shram Awards
• Vice President M Venkaiah Naidu honored 338 workers with Prime Minister’s Shram Awards.
• 194 prestigious Awards for the Year 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016 were given away by the Vice President at Vigyan Bhawan, New Delhi.
• The Awardees are employed in Public Sector Undertakings of the Central and State Government and Private Sector Units with 500 or more workers.
Veteran footballer Bhaichung Bhutia resigns from TMC
• Veteran footballer Bhaichung Bhutia resigned from the Trinamool Congress.
• He resigned from all the official and political posts of TMC and is no longer associated with any political party.
• Bhutia, who joined TMC in 2013, contested from Darjeeling in the 2014 Lok Sabha polls.