The recap of the day covers important current affairs of the day like Rio Paralympics, 2016 Lemelson-MIT Prize, National Hindi Divas and MCC Murugappa Gold Cup Hockey Tournament among others.
• The Indian para-athlete who recently became the first Indian to win two gold medals at the Paralympics is - Devendra Jhajharia
• The Indian American who won the 2016 Lemelson-MIT Prize is - Ramesh Raskar
• The National Hindi Divas is annually celebrated on - 14 September
• The 3rd edition of BRICS Urbanisation Forum Meet is being held at – Vishakhapatnam
• The winner of the 2016 MCC Murugappa Gold Cup Hockey Tournament is - Indian Railways
• Sikkim’s Sushmita Rai won a bronze medal at - the World Martial Arts Masterships 2016
• Fortune’s list of most powerful women based outside the US was topped by - Banco Santander's Ana Botin
• The position at which SBI chief Arundhati Bhattacharya was placed in Fortune’s list of most powerful women based outside the US is - Second
• Indian’s in the Fortune’s list of most powerful women based outside the US are - SBI chief Arundhati Bhattacharya, ICICI head Chanda Kochhar (fifth) and Axis Bank CEO Shikha Sharma (ninteenth)
• He headed by to prepare a road map for elimination of poverty submitted its report to the Prime Minister's Office (PMO) on 11 September 2016 - Arvind Panagariya, the Vice-Chairman of NITI Aayog
• Indian para-athlete Devendra Jhajharia recently won gold medal in - Javelin Throw
• China and Vietnam on 13 September 2016 agreed to properly manage their differences over territorial disputes in - the South China Sea
• The typhoon that became the strongest in 21 years that brought violent winds in Taiwan is – Meranti
• The para-athlete who will be India’s flag bearer in the closing ceremony of the Rio Paralympics is - Thangavelu Mariyappan
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.