16 January 2018: The one liner of 16 January covers important current happenings that are relevant to competitive exams. The day’s one liners cover important happenings like new Chief of Staff of Western Naval Command, Rajasthan’s first oil refinery and ban on Khap Panchayats among others.
• This Punjab Minister has resigned from his post following opposition backlash over his alleged involvement in sand mining auctions - Power and Irrigation Minister Rana Gurjit Singh
• PM Modi inaugurated project commencement of this state’s first oil refinery – Rajasthan
• A group of Muhajirs have launched ‘Free Karachi’ campaign in this nation – United States of America
• This Israeli toddler who survived the 26/11 terror attacks that took the lives of his parents along with hundreds of others, recently returned to the city for the first time post the attack - Moshe Holtzberg
• This court termed the attack by Khap panchayats over inter-caste marriage as illegal - Supreme Court of India
• Recently, a rocked landed inside the Indian embassy premises located in this nation - Afghanistan
• This former BJP leader passed away on 16 January after suffering from a cardiac arrest – Former MLC Narayan Sadashiv Pharande
• This country has become the first one to be connected to India’s National Knowledge Network - Sri Lanka
• This Vice Admiral has been appointed as the Chief of Staff of Western Naval Command - Vice Admiral Ajendra Bahadur Singh
• PM Modi said that the role of business & industry is crucial in transformation of ties between India and this nation - Israel
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.