4 December 2017: The one liner of 4 December covers important current happenings that are relevant to competitive exams. The day’s one liners cover important happenings like Kathakar: International Storytellers Festival, new President of Kenya and International Day of Persons with Disabilities among others.
• This country was awarded the Certificate of Commendation by CITES for its exemplary effort to combat illegal wildlife trade – India
• The 7th edition of the three-day ‘Kathakar: International Storytellers Festival’ was inaugurated in this city - New Delhi
• A new NASA study has discovered that there may be liquid water oceans beneath the surface of this planet - Pluto
• Researchers have discovered more than hundreds of fossilised eggs of this group of extinct winged dinosaurs - Pterosaurs
• This currently active Indian sportsperson resigned as the national observer for Indian boxing - Mary Kom
• India was re-elected to this International Council recently - International Maritime Organisation
• Person sworn-in as the President of Kenya - Uhuru Kenyatta
• Day celebrated on 3 December every year - International Day of Persons with Disabilities
• Person appointed as the CEO and MD of Infosys - Salil S Parekh
• This State Government approved 5 per cent reservation to Kapu Community - Andhra Pradesh
• He inaugurated the first phase of Chabahar Port recently - Hassan Rouhani
• This state will soon have the world’s first IT campus for differently-abled persons - Telangana
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.