10 August 2017: The Current Affairs Quizzes section of Jagranjosh.com wants to help every aspirant of competitive exams to revise the day at an ease. These quizzes will help you in answering questions which can/may be asked in the next exam that will be faced by you. The day’s updated quizzes cover the topics like Namami Gange Jagriti Yatra, 2017 Global Retirement Index and centre to scan web traffic and detect cyber threats among others.
1. Which of the following states recently launched the Namami Gange Jagriti Yatra?
c) Uttar Pradesh
d) None of the above
2. Which of the following countries topped the 2017 Global Retirement Index?
3. What is India’s rank in the 2017 Global Retirement Index?
4. India became ________ country to ratify the Second Commitment Period of the Kyoto Protocol.
5. The NGT has issued a complete ban on use of non-biodegradable plastic bags in which city?
a) New Delhi
6. The IT Ministry has set up a new centre to scan web traffic and detect cyber threats. Which among the following is the correct centre?
a) National Cyber Coordination Centre
b) National Cyber Threat Evacuation Centre
c) National Cyber, Malware Threat Detection Centre
d) National Malware Security Centre
7. The second round of National Deworming Day was held across the nation on 10 August 2017. The first round of the programme was held in which month this year?
8. Bollywood actor Sitaram Panchal passed away on 10 August 2017 after battling kidney and lung cancer. Which among the following films is not one of his?
a) Ankhon Dekhi
b) Peepli Live
c) Slumdog Millionaire
d) The Legend of Bhagat Singh
9. Who was appointed as the 45th Chief Justice of India (CJI)?
a) Dipak Misra
b) J S Khehar
c) KK Venogopal
d) G B Patnaik
10. Amazon India signed a MoU with which state to educate weavers and artisans to directly sell their products to Amazon customers?
a) Andhra Pradesh
c) Madhya Pradesh
11. The process of shutting down the Directorate General of Supplies and Disposals (DGS&D) has been started by Union Government. When was DGS&D established?
12. Supreme Court sought response from five states on a plea alleging non-compliance of order related High Security Registration Plates for all vehicles. Which of the following is one of them?
c) Uttar Pradesh
d) West Bengal
13. This country in recent past passed a law that criminalises an ancient practice called Chhaupadi that banishes women from home during mensuration and after childbirth.
14. More than 1000 of Muslim clerics and imams have passed a resolution asking UN to take an action against a person for his anti-India activities. Name him.
a) Sayeed Salahudeen
b) Hafiz Saeed
c) Zakiur Rehman Lakhvi
d) Masood Azhar
15. External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj will go to this country on 10 August 2017 to participate in the 15th BIMSTEC Ministerial Meeting.
c) Sri Lanka
1. (c) Uttar Pradesh
2. (b) Norway
3. (c) 43rd
4. (a) 80th
5. (a) New Delhi
6. (a) National Cyber Coordination Centre
7. (b) February
8. (a) Ankhon Dekhi
9. (a) Dipak Misra
10. (b) Telangana
12.(c) Uttar Pradesh
13. (b) Nepal
14.(b) Hafiz Saeed
15. (a) Nepal