11 August 2017: The Current Affairs Quizzes section of Jagranjosh.com wants to help every aspirant of competitive exams to revise the day at an ease. These quizzes will help you in answering questions which can/may be asked in the next exam that will be faced by you. The day’s updated quizzes cover the topics like National Mission for Clean Ganga, NASA's Cassini spacecraft and Global Entrepreneurship Summit among others.
1. The National Mission for Clean Ganga has approved 10 projects worth more than Rs 2000 Cr in three states for sewage infrastructure improvement and river front development. Which among the following is not one of the three states?
a) Uttar Pradesh
d) West Bengal
2. Which country hosted the 15th Ministerial meeting of the Bay of Bengal Initiative for Multi-Sectoral Technical and Economic Cooperation?
b) Sri Lanka
3. According to the latest Supreme Court order, owners would require which document to renew the insurance of their vehicles?
a) Aadhaar identity card
b) Driver’s License
c) Registration certificate
d) Pollution under control certificate
4. NASA's Cassini spacecraft is set to begin its final five ultra-close orbits around which planet?
5. India and the United States of America will co-host the Global Entrepreneurship Summit in November 2017 in which of the following cities?
c) New Delhi
6. Who of the following was recently elected as the Chairman of the Pakistan Cricket Board?
a) Shaharyar Khan
b) Shakil Sheikh
c) Najam Sethi
d) Yusaf Naseem Khokar
7. The Constituent Assembly of this country recently declared itself superior to all other government bodies.
8. The Lok Sabha recently passed the State Banks (Repeal and Amendment) Bill, 2017. The Bill seeks to repeal which of the followings Acts?
a) SBI (Subsidiary Banks) Act 1959 and State Bank of Hyderabad Act 1956
b) SBI (Subsidiary Banks) Act 1959 and State Bank of Bikaner and Jaipur Act 1956
c) SBI (Subsidiary Banks) Act 1954 and State Bank of Hyderabad Act 1955
d) SBI (Subsidiary Banks) Act 1959 and State Bank of Travancore Act 1956
9. Which football club won the UEFA Super Cup 2017?
a) Real Madrid
b) Manchester United
10. Former Union Minister Muppavarapu Venkaiah Naidu was sworn in as Vice President of India on 11 August 2017. With this he became _____ in person vice president of India.
11. Rajya Sabha on 10 August 2017 passed the Banking Regulation (Amendment) Bill, 2017. The Lok Sabha has already passed the Bill. The bill seeks to amend the Banking Regulation Act of
12. Name the NASA rover that has recently captured the images of Martian clouds.
a) Mars 2020 Rover
b) Spirit Rover
c) Curiosity Rover
d) Opportunity Rover
13. The National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC) launched Android Skill Development programme with which company?
14. Which private bank introduced an instant credit card against savings account?
a) HDFC Bank
b) ICICI Bank
c) Axis Bank
d) Kotak Mahindra Bank
15. When the International Youth Day is celebrated every year?
a) 9 August
b) 10 August
c) 11 August
d) 12 August
1. (b) Jharkhand
2. (c) Nepal
3. (d) PUC Certificate
5. (d) Hyderabad
6. (c) Najam Sethi
7. (b) Venezuela
8. (a) SBI (Subsidiary Banks) Act 1959 and State Bank of Hyderabad Act 1956
9. (a) Real Madrid
10. (c) 13th
11. (a) 1949
12. (c ) Curiosity Rover
13. (a) Google
14. (b) ICICI Bank
15. (d) 12 August