13 December 2017: The Current Affairs Quizzes section of Jagranjosh aims to help every competitive exam aspirant to revise the day at ease. The day’s updated quizzes cover the topics like Universal Health Coverage Day, Loktantra Sainani and 2023 World Cup among others.
1. Which initiative was launched on the occasion of Universal Health Coverage Day 2017?
2. Which food company ordered recall over salmonella fears?
c) Valorex SAS
d) Milupa Aptamil
3. When is the Universal Health Coverage Day (UHCD) observed every year?
a) 10 December
b) 11 December
c) 12 December
d) 13 December
4. Which country will host 2021 Champions Trophy and 2023 World Cup?
b) South Africa
5. Which state became the first in India to offer e-mail IDs in Hindi?
b) Uttar Pradesh
6. Where was the second UNESCO World Conference on Tourism and Culture held?
7. Which country will be hosting the 3rd Annual Meeting of Board of Governors of Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank?
8. Which state’s government has proposed to bear hospital bills of road accident, burn & acid attack victims?
b) Uttar Pradesh
9. Which state has decided to recognise political prisoners held in jails during the emergency period as ‘Loktantra Sainani’?
a) Uttar Pradesh
10. What is the ranking of Indian men’s hockey team in the latest listings released by the International Hockey Federation (FIH)?
11. What is the ranking of Indian women’s hockey team in the latest listings released by the International Hockey Federation (FIH)?
12. Which nation’s President has signed a USD 692 billion defence budget?
d) South Korea
1. (a) Laqshya
Union Health Minister JP Nadda launched new initiatives including Laqshya-A Labour Room Quality Improvement Initiative and safe delivery application at a function in New Delhi on the occasion of Universal Health Coverage Day.
2. (b) Lactalis
Baby milk maker Lactalis and French authorities have ordered a global recall of millions of products over fears of salmonella bacteria contamination.
3. (c) 12 December
The Universal Health Coverage Day (UHCD) is observed annually on 12 December to promote the human right to health. The day is the anniversary of the first unanimous United Nations resolution calling for all nations to provide for their citizens affordable, quality health care and is promoted by the World Health Organization (WHO).
4. (d) India
India will host the 2023 World Cup and Champions Trophy in 2021. The ICC World Cup 2019 will be held in England and Wales. This will be the first time that the event will be held entirely in India.
5. (a) Rajasthan
Rajasthan becomes the first state in the country to launch free email addresses in Hindi (in Devanagari script) for its residents. The initiative aims to ensure maximum participation of people towards e-governance and that maximum facilities are available in the vernacular language. The first e-mail ID was created for CM Vasundhara Raje.
6. (b) Muscat
The second UN World Tourism Organization/UNESCO World Conference on Tourism and Culture was held in Muscat, Capital city of Oman. The Minister of State for Culture (Independent Charge) and Environment, Forest & Climate Change, Dr Mahesh Sharma led the Indian delegation.
7. (b) India
India will host the 3rd Annual Meeting of the Board of Governors of Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) at Mumbai from 25 to 26 June 2018. The Theme of the Annual Meeting, 2018 will be ‘Mobilizing Finance for Infrastructure: Innovation and Collaboration’.
8. (c) Delhi
Under a new scheme, the Delhi government has proposed to bear, at private hospitals, the cost of treatment of victims of motor accidents, fire incidents and acid attacks that take place on city's roads. The decision was taken at a Cabinet meeting chaired by Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal.
9. (d) Rajasthan
The state government of Rajasthan has decided to recognise political prisoners held in jails during the emergency period as ‘Loktantra Sainani’. The state’s cabinet decided to change the name of Rajasthan MISA and DIR Bandi Pension Rules 2008 to the Rajasthan Loktantra Sainani samman Nidhi 2008 on 12 December 2017.
10. (a) Sixth
The Indian men's and women's hockey teams remained static at sixth and 10th positions in the latest rankings released by the International Hockey Federation (FIH). The Indian men's team was at the sixth spot since the beginning of this year and maintained its position throughout 2017.
11. (c) Tenth
The Indian men's and women's hockey teams remained static at sixth and 10th positions in the latest rankings released by the International Hockey Federation (FIH). The Indian women's team, who started the year at the 12th spot, jumped up two places to the 10th. Their Asia Cup win last month helped them gain the two positions, surpassing Spain and Japan.
12. (a) US
US President Donald Trump has signed a 692 billion dollar defence budget, which will provide funding to implement Trump’s South Asia strategy and authorise critical missile capabilities to confront threats posed by North Korea.
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.