17 January 2017: Daily Current Affairs Quizzes brought by Jagranjosh.com wants to help the aspirants’ of different competitive exams in to revising the day at an ease. These quizzes will help you in answering questions which can/may be asked in the next exam that will be faced by you. The day’s updated quizzes cover the topics like World Economic Outlook Update 2016, Operation Sard Hawa by BSF, and 2016 T S Eliot Prize for Poetry among others.
1. The Border Security Forces recently launched Operation Sard Hawa at
a) Northern international border of Jammu & Kashmir
b) Wagah Border
c) Line of Control in Jammu & Kashmir
d) Western international border of Rajasthan
2. India and World Bank recently signed a Financing Agreement to improve the quality of health care services in which of the following states?
a) Madhya Pradesh
3. Who won the 2016 T S Eliot Prize for Poetry?
a) Vahni Capildeo
b) Jacob Polley
c) Alice Oswald
d) None of the above
4. Who won the 15th edition of the Delhi International Chess tournament?
a) Farrukh Amonatov
b) Diptayan Ghosh
c) Dzhumaev Marat
d) Magnus Carlsen
5. The International conference for peace talks between Israel and Palestinians will be held in which of the following cities?
6. This country handed over two ships to the Pakistan Navy for joint security along the sea route of the China-Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC).
c) Saudi Arabia
7. The report entitled ‘An economy for the 99 percent’ was released by
a) World Bank Group
c) International Monetary Fund
d) New Development Bank
8. The GST Council decided to rollout the Goods and Services Tax on
a) 1 July 2017
b) 1 August 2017
c) 1 September 2017
d) 1 October 2017
9. It is with this country India signed a MoU for cooperation in cooperative sector.
c) Sri Lanka
10. Election Commission of India recognised Akhilesh Yadav faction as a Party and permitted it to use the name of the party and its symbol. Name the party to which Akhilesh belongs.
a) Rashtriya Lok Dal
b) Samajwadi Party
c) Bahujan Samaj Party
d) None of the above
11. RBI has revised the limit for cash withdrawal limit from ATMs. The limit onm withdrawal from current accounts was raised to
a) Rs 25000
b) Rs 50000
c) Rs 75000
d) Rs 100000
12. RBI’s Note Mudran printing press has broken all its past record by printing highest number of currency notes in December 2016. The Mudran printing press is located in
13. RBI raised the cash withdrawal limit from ATMs from Rs 4500 to
a) Rs 6000
b) Rs 10000
c) Rs 15000
d) Rs 18000
14. SEBI tightened the norms for merger and amalgamation of an unlisted company with a listed entity in January 2017. Consider the statements in regard to the norms of merger.
I. The unlisted company will have to disclose all the material information in form of an abridged prospectus, similar to what companies file before launching initial public offering (IPO).
II. Post merger, the holdings of public shareholding should not be less than 25 per cent
III. e-voting will be mandatory in cases in cases where the stake of public shareholders reduces by more than 5 per cent in the merged entity.
Which is/are correct?
a) Only III
b) Only I and II
c) Only I and III
d) I, II and III
15. Consider the following statements related to World Economic Outlook Update 2016.
I. It was released by the International Monetary Fund
II. The update slashed India’s GDP growth forecast to 6.6%
Which of these statements is/are true?
a) Only I
b) Only II
c) Both I and II
d) Neither I nor II
1. (d) Western international border of Rajasthan
2. (c) Nagaland
3. (b) Jacob Polley
4. (a) Farrukh Amonatov
5. (a) Paris
6. (a) China
7. (b) Oxfam
8. (a) 1 July 2017
9. (b) Mauritius
10. (b) Samajwadi Party
11. (d) Rs 100000
12. (a) Mysuru
13. (b) Rs 10000
14. (d) I, II and III
15. (c) Both I and II
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.