Jagranjosh.com brings for its reader daily updated quizzes that cover the topics like Chief Selector of Pakistan Cricket, Commemorative and Circulation Coin to mark the Martyrdom Day and hologram on every alcohol bottle among others.
1. Who of the following was appointed as the chief selector of Pakistan Cricket team by Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) on 18 April 2016?
a) Waqar Younis
b) Wasim Akram
d) Haroon Rasheed
2. A high-intensity earthquake of magnitude 7.8 on the Richter scale struck which South American country in April 2016?
3. Name the institution that in April 2016 formed an alliance with the World Bank to make Early Childhood Development (ECD) programme a global policy.
4. The Union Government on 18 April 2016 released the Commemorative Coin and Circulation Coin to mark the Martyrdom Day of which historical personality?
a) Tatya Tope
b) Nana Saheb
c) Jhansi ki Rani
d) Baji Rao II
5. Name the state that on 18 April 2016 decided to restrict digging of borewells beyond 200 feet.
a) Uttar Pradesh
6. The 13th session of the Islamic Summit Conference concluded on 15 April 2016 was held in which of the following cities?
a) Istanbul, Turkey
b) Cairo, Egypt
c) Lahore, Pakistan
d) Rabat, Morocco
7. Which state government on 18 April 2016 decided to make it mandatory to have a hologram on every alcohol bottle manufactured and sold in the state?
d) West Bengal
8. The Brazilian Parliament’s lower house on 17 April 2016 voted in favour of impeaching the country’s President. What is the name of the President?
a) Eduardo Cunha
b) Jose Guimarães
c) Dilma Rousseff
d) José Sarney
9. Which country in the third week of April 2016 overtook France to become the world's leading wine producer?
10. Which country will host the 40th World Congress of Vine and Wine and the 15th General Assembly of the International Organisation of Vine and Wine in 2017?
11. World's largest wooden Charkha or spinning wheel is proposed to be installed at which of the following airports of India?
a) Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport, Mumbai
b) Indira Gandhi International Airport, Delhi
c) Kempegowda International Airport, Bengaluru
d) Chennai International Airport, Chennai
12. Colonel Nizamuddin, who opened a bank account at the age of 116 years and is considered to be the oldest human alive, was the driver of which Indian freedom fighter?
a) Subhas Chandra Bose
b) Sarojini Naidu
c) Sardar Vallabhai Patel
d) Dr. Rajendra Prasad
13. Who was appointed as Director General of Fire Services, Civil Defence and Home Guards on 17 Aril 2016?
a) PC Thakur
b) Bhabendra Nath
d) Rajender Kumar
14. Identify the project on which Indian Railway used drones for the first time to inspect the ongoing work in the project on 17 April 2016.
a) Dedicated Freight Corridor (DFC)
b) National Water Mission
c) Guwahati Metro Rail Project
d) Lucknow Metro Rail Project
15. Name the institute/organisation that in April 2016 released 2015 Migration and Development Brief?
b) World Bank
1. (c) Inzamam-ul-Haq
2. (a) Ecuador
3. (a) UNICEF
4. (a) Tatya Tope
5. (b) Maharashtra
6. (a) Istanbul, Turkey
7. (b) Maharashtra
8. (c) Dilma Rousseff
9. (c) Italy
10. (d) Bulgaria
11. (b) Indira Gandhi International Airport, Delhi
12. (a) Subhas Chandra Bose
13. (a) PC Thakur
14. (a) Dedicated Freight Corridor (DFC)
15. (b) World Bank