2 June 2017: The Current Affairs Quizzes section of Jagranjosh.com wants to help every aspirant of competitive exams to revise the day at an ease. These quizzes will help you in answering questions which can/may be asked in the next exam that will be faced by you. The day’s updated quizzes cover the topics like India-Russia agreements; Diet approved a bill enabling Emperor Akihito to abdicate and T20 Global League among others.
1. Which country has decided to pull out from the Paris Agreement on Climate Change?
b) United States of America
2. Nirupama Rao has been appointed as the public policy fellow to a top American think-tank based in Washington. She was India’s first woman ambassador to which country?
b) The United States
3. G Parameshwara, who resigned from his post on 1 June 2017, served as the Home Minister of which state?
a) Tamil Nadu
b) Andhra Pradesh
4. India signed a joint declaration to build an 'Energy Bridge' with which country?
5. Who was appointed as the Economic Affairs Secretary?
a) Tapan Ray
b) Arvind Mayaram
c) Shaktikanta Das
d) Vijay Kelkar
6. When is the World Milk Day (WMD) observed every year?
a) 1 June
b) 2 June
c) 3 June
d) 4 June
7. Which state police department launched patrolling on bicycle to improve policing?
a) Mumbai Police
b) Bengaluru Police
c) Delhi Police
d) Kolkata Police
8. Where was the 70th World Health Assembly (WHA70) held from 22 to 31 May 2017?
a) London, UK
b) New York, US
c) Tokyo, Japan
d) Geneva, Switzerland
9. The International Day of Innocent Children Victims of Aggression was observed across the world on 4 June 2017. The day was proclaimed/ established for observation by the United Nations in the year.
10. The International Day of Innocent Children Victims of Aggression was observed across the world on 4 June 2017. The day was first established with the focus on the victims of this war.
a) 1942-43 Battle of Stalingrad
b) 1973 Battle of the Chinese Farm
c) 1982 Lebanon War
d) 1999 Kargil War
11. India and Russia on 1 May 2017 signed five Memorandum of Understanding (MoUs)/agreements. Consider the statements in relation to the agreements.
I. The agreements were signed during President Vladimir Putin’s visit to India.
II. The program of cultural exchanges for 2017-2019 was signed
III. The General Framework Agreement for the construction of the third stage of the Kudankulam NPP (KK5 & KK6) along with the Credit Protocol
Which is/are correct?
a) Only I
b) Only I and III
c) Only II and III
d) I, II and III
12. Name the Cricketing country that in recent past launched Twenty20 league, the league will be called the T20 Global League.
b) New Zealand
d) South Africa
13. Name the Indian duo that in Dusseldorf created the history by becoming the first pair to qualify into of the World Table Tennis Championships.
a) Manika Batra and Mouma Das
b) Sharath Kamal and Mouma Das
c) Sharath Kamal and Manika Batra
d) None of the above
14. High Court of this state/UT has said that no encroachment can be permitted in the ridge areas of the state as these are primary natural features.
15. Members of a committee in the Lower House of the Diet approved a bill enabling Emperor Akihito to abdicate. Diet is the lower house of this country.
d) The UAE
1. (b) The United States of America
2. (a) China
3. (c) Karnataka
5. (a) Tapan Ray
6. (a) 1 June
7. (c) Delhi Police
8. (d) Geneva, Switzerland
9. (c) 1982
10. (c) 1982 Lebanon War
11. (c) Only II and III
12. (d) South Africa
13. (a) Manika Batra and Mouma Das
14. (c) Delhi
15. (c) Japan
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.