The daily current affairs quiz brought out by the jagranjosh.com covers the events like International Day of Forests 2016, Krishi Karman Awards 2014-15 and Plastic Waste Management Rules among others. It will be very useful to the aspirants in their preparations for various competitive exams like civil services, bank, SSC and MBA.
1. What is the theme of the International Day of Forests 2016 that was observed on 21 March 2016?
a) Forests for Ecology
b) Go Green Be Safe
c) Forests and Water
d) Forests and Hills
2. What is the name of the event that was organised on the occasion of International Day of Forests to raise awareness of the interconnections between forests and water, and their contributions to implementation of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development?
a) Forests and Water|Sustain Life and Livelihoods
b) Forest and Sustainable Livelihoods
c) Forest, Water and Sustainable Livelihoods
d) Forest for Sustainable Ecology|Life and Livelihoods
3. Which state won the Krishi Karman Awards for the year 2014-15 in the Individual Crops category for producing rice?
4. Which state(s) won the Krishi Karman Award for the year 2014-15 in the Category – I states for foodgrain production of more than 10 million tones?
a) Assam and Odisha
b) Punjab and Uttar Pradesh
c) Uttar Pradesh and Tripura
d) Assam and Tripura
5. What is the prize money that will be given to winners of the Krishi Karman Awards for the year 2014-15 in the total foodgrain production category?
a) 2 crore rupees
b) 3 crore rupees
c) 5 crore rupees
d) 4 crore rupees
6. Which Union Ministry that notified new Plastic Waste Management Rules to curb over 6000 tonnes of uncollected plastic waste generated daily by industries in March 2016?
a) Environment, Forest and Climate Change
b) Earth Sciences
c) Science and Technology
d) Agriculture & Irrigation Ministry
7. What is the theme of the World Sparrow Day 2016 that was observed on 20 March 2016?
a) I Love Sparrows
b) Rise for the SPARROW-Experience the power of one
c) Sustain Sparrows- SparrowsEcology
d) Human love to Sparrows
8. On which day the Earth Hour 2016 was observed?
a) 17 March 2016
b) 18 March 2016
c) 19 March 2016
d) 20 March 2016
9. With which company the Government of Andhra Pradesh in March 2016 signed a MoU to design and implement the AP Fiber Net project?
10. The ICC in March 2016 suspended Arafat Sunny and Taskin from bowling in international cricket. Against this backdrop identify the country to which these two cricketers belong to?
c) South Africa
d) West Indies
11. As per a MoU signed with the Government of Andhra Pradesh in March 2016, in which city Cisco will set up an IoE Innovation Centre to foster regional innovation?
12. Which bank in the third week of March 2016 became the first bank to commence the sale of Indian Gold Coin in the domestic market?
a) Punjab and Sind Bank
b) Indian Overseas Bank
c) Bank of India
d) Canara Bank
13. Which Indian wrestler on 19 March 2016 won a gold medal in the Asian Olympic Qualification tournament held in Astana, Kazakhstan?
a) Sushil Kumar
b) Gagan Narang
c) Yogeshwar Dutt
d) Sangram Singh
14. Name the badminton player who on 20 March 2016 won the men's singles title at the 2016 Swiss Open.
a) Marc Zwiebler
b) He Bingjiao
c) HS Prannoy
d) Srikanth Kidambi
15. Which famous fashion designer in March 2016 was appointed as an advisor to the Khadi and Village Industries Commission (KVIC) for promotion of khadi in India and across the world?
a) Manish Malhotra
b) Manish Arora
c) Anamika Khanna
d) Ritu Beri
1-(c) 6-(a) 11-(a)
2-(a) 7-(b) 12-(b)
3-(a) 8-(c) 13-(c)
4-(b) 9-(c) 14-(c)
5-(c) 10-(a) 15-(d)