Jagranjosh.com brings for its reader daily updated quizzes that cover the topics like World Meteorological Day 2016, Australian F1 Grand Prix and PM Fasal Bima Yojana among others.
1. What was the theme of the World Meteorological Day 2016 that was observed across the world on 23 March 2016?
a) Hotter, Drier, Wetter. Face the Future
b) Climate Knowledge for Climate Action
c) Weather and Climate: Engaging Youth
d) Climate Change: Face the Future
2. Identify the Formula One driver who in March 2016 won the 2016 Formula 1 Rolex Australian Grand Prix at Melbourne Grand Prix.
a) Daniel Ricciardo
b) Sebastian Vettel
c) Nico Rosberg
d) Lewis Hamilton
3. Who on 22 March 2016 was appointed a member of the International Coordinating Committee of National Human Rights Institutions Bureau in Geneva?
a) Cyriac Joseph
b) D. Murugesan
c) Sharad Chandra Sinha
d) HL Dattu
4. This European city came under terrorist attack on 22 March 2016 killing scores of people.
5. Union Finance Minister Arun Jaitley launched the Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana on 22 March 2016 from which city?
6. Identify the river. The Union Government on 22 March 2016 released a Detailed Project Report to rejuvenate forestry resources in this river basin.
7. Who was re-elected as the President of Niger in March 2016?
a) Goodluck Jonathan
b) Muhammadu Buhari
c) Mahamadou Issoufou
d) Hama Amadou
8. Which space agency in March 2016 revealed the plans to construct lunar village on Moon?
b) European Space Agency
c) Japan Space Agency
9. Which one of the following is not part of the Industry Association that in March 2016 signed an MoU with Union Consumer Affairs Ministry for redressing consumers grievances?
10. Identify the state that in March 2016 passed a bill specifying that the interest payable on debt shall be calculated at such rate as may be notified by the government.
a) Andhra Pradesh
d) Tamil Nadu
11. Which country became a dialogue partner of the Beijing-based regional security grouping, Shanghai Cooperation Organisation (SCO) on 22 March 2016?
d) Sri Lanka
12. Identify the organization that prepared a standardised electronic format for information exchange on Base Erosion and Profit Sharing (BEPS) to help tax authorities on 22 March 2016.
a) Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD)
b) Agency for Cooperation and Research in Development (ACORD)
c) International Bank for Reconstruction and Development (IBRD)
d) International Monetary Fund (IMF)
13. When was Martyrdom Day observed across the nation in March 2016?
a) 21 March
b) 22 March
c) 23 March
d) 20 March
14. Who was in March 2016 appointed as the chairman of Sub-Committee under the aegis of the High Level Committee on issues related to excise duty on different articles of jewellery imposed in Budget 2016-17?
a) Dr Ashok Lahiri
b) Mahesh Kumar Singla
c) Ajay Shankar
d) Amit Mitra
15. What was the theme of the International Day for the Elimination of Racial Discrimination 2016 that was observed on 21 March 2016?
a) Learning from tragedies to combat racial discrimination today
b) Challenges and Achievements of the Durban Declaration and Programme of Action
c) The Role of Leaders in Combatting Racism and Racial Discrimination
d) Disqualify Racism
1-(a) 6-(b) 11-(c)
2-(c) 7-(c) 12-(a)
3-(d) 8-(b) 13-(c)
4-(b) 9-(d) 14-(a)
5-(c) 10-(b) 15-(b)
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.