Jagranjosh.com brings for its reader daily updated quizzes that cover the topics like ceasefire deal that ends five decade conflict, Britain voting in favour of exiting European Union and Indian zoo to receive a snow leopard among others.
1. Name the country that on 23 June 2016 signed a ceasefire deal with rebels ending five decade conflict.
2. A group of scientists recently developed world's first 1000-processor computer chip. The chip has been named as
d) None of the above
3. What is the theme for the Day of the Seafarer 2016?
a) Shipping: indispensable to the world
b) Sea For All
c) All For Sea
d) Over the Horizons
4. Who of the following won the Calder Memorial Trophy for the year 2015-16?
a) Shayne Gostisbehere
b) Connor McDavid
c) Anthony Duclair
d) Artemi Panarin
5. Which of the following Indian zoos will soon receive a snow leopard from Dudley Zoological Gardens in London?
a) Aizawl Zoo
b) Alipore Zoological Gardens
c) Padma Naidu Himalayan Zoological Park
d) Gopalpur Zoo
6. Who recently bagged the prestigious G D Birla Award for Scientific Research for 2015?
a) Ran Narain Agarwal
b) Rustom Damania
c) Satya Atluri
d) Sanjay Mittal
7. The Union Government launched first of its kind Pilot Programme in the country to run two wheelers on which of the following fuels?
8. Indian ODI captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni emulated the record of which cricketer of captaining the national team in 324 international matches?
a) Stephen Fleming
b) Ricky Ponting
c) Graeme Smith
d) Graham Gooch
9. International Olympic Committee denied wildcard entry to which boxer in Rio Olympic?
a) George Foreman
b) Adrien Broner
c) MC Mary Kom
d) Danny Garcia
10. Name the country that agreed recently to step up security cooperation with India.
11. Name the two Indian boxers who qualified for the 2016 Rio Olympics in June 2016.
a) MC Mary Kom and Shiv Thapa
b) Vijender Singh and Shiv Thapa
c) Manoj Kumar and Vikas Kirshnan
d) Vikas Krishnan and Vijender Singh
12. Which Indian company became the largest producer of unconventional gas in India with its Raniganj block in West Bengal achieving an industry-size pumping rate of over 1 mcmd (million cubic metres per day) of coal bed methane?
13. Which Indian chess player won the best women’s player award in the Eurasian Blitz chess tournament held in Kazakhstan?
a) Tania Sachdev
b) Koneru Humpy
c) D Harika
d) Padmini Rout
14. With which country did India signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) to establish formal cooperation in the fields of skills development and vocational education?
15. The pound sterling fell in value with Britain voting in favour of exiting European Union (EU). This was the lowest since which year?
1. (a) Colombia
2. (a) KiloCore
3. (b) Sea For All
4. (d) Artemi Panarin
5. (c) Padma Naidu Himalayan Zoological Park
6. (d) Sanjay Mittal
7. (a) CNG
8. (b) Ricky Ponting
9. (c) MC Mary Kom
10. (a) Uzbekistan
11. (c) Manoj Kumar and Vikas Kirshnan
12. (b) Essar
13. (c) D Harika
14. (d) Switzerland
15. (b) 1985
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.