25 August 2017: The Current Affairs Quizzes section of Jagranjosh.com wants to help every aspirant of competitive exams to revise the day at an ease. These quizzes will help you in answering questions which can/may be asked in the next exam that will be faced by you. The day’s updated quizzes cover the topics like 2018 ITTF Team World Cup, Non-Executive Chairman of the Infosys Board and farm price forecasting model among others.
1. Qatar in August 2017 restored its diplomatic relations with this country.
c) Saudi Arabia
2. Name the country who’s Minister for Trade, Tourism and Investment will lead a major mission to India to deepen collaboration in the fields of agribusiness and food, higher education among others in August 2017.
3. Who is the author of the book titled “I am HIV positive, so what?”
a) Martin Delaney
b) Vivek Pahuja
c) Jayanta Kalita
d) Khundrakpam Pradip kumar Singh
4. Which of the following entities recently organised Tiranga Yatra to commemorate 75th anniversary of the Quit India Movement?
a) Central Information Commission
b) Quality Council of India
c) Telecom Regulatory Authority of India
d) Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation
5. Brazil recently abolished a vast national reserve in the Amazon to open up the area to mining. What is the name of the reserve?
a) National Reserve of Gold and Associates
b) National Reserve of Copper and Associates
c) National Reserve of Manganese and Associates
d) National Reserve of Zinc and Associates
6. Which of the following countries will host the 2018 ITTF Team World Cup?
7. Name the typhoon that killed about 16 people in southern China in August 2017.
8. Union Government recently increased the creamy layer ceiling of Other Backward Classes (OBCs) to what amount?
a) Rs 6 lakh
b) Rs 8 lakh
c) Rs 10 lakh
d) Rs 12 lakh
9. India signed MoU with Nepal for construction of a new Bridge over which river?
a) Mechi River
b) Kankai River
c) Tamur River
d) Arun River
10. Who was recently appointed as the Non-Executive Chairman of the Infosys Board?
a) R Seshasayee
b) Ravi Venkatesan
c) UB Pravin Rao
d) Nandan Nilekani
11. When is the International Day for the Remembrance of the Slave Trade and Its Abolition observed every year?
a) 22 August
b) 23 August
c) 24 August
d) 25 August
12. Which senior BJP leader became a member of the Parliament for the first time after being sworn into the Rajya Sabha on 25 August 2017?
a) Smriti Irani
b) Amit Shah
c) Manohar Lal Khattar
d) N. Biren Singh
13. The Delhi Metro Rail Corporation has launched free wifi-facility in its largest operational corridor. Which line is it?
a) Blue line
b) Yellow line
c) Red line
d) Violet line
14. Which state has signed a MoU with Microsoft India to develop a unique ‘farm price forecasting model’?
15. Which state has launched e-waste disposal process in its schools?
d) Uttar Pradesh
1. (b) Iran
2. (d) Australia
3. (c) Jayanta Kalita
4. (d) Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation
5. (b) National Reserve of Copper and Associates
6. (a) England
7. (a) Hato
8. (b) Rs 8 lakh
9. (a) Mechi River
10. (d) Nandan Nilekani
11. (b) 23 August
12.(b) Amit Shah
13. (a) Blue Line
14. (c) Karnataka
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.