Current Affairs Quiz: 27 February 2020
The day’s updated quizzes cover topics such as Hurun Global Rich List-2020, India’s first Artificial Intelligence summit-RAISE 2020 and Maria Sharapova’s retirement among others.
27 February 2020: The Current Affairs Quizzes section of Jagranjosh aims to help every competitive exam aspirant to revise the day at ease. The day’s updated quizzes cover topics such as Hurun Global Rich List-2020, India’s first Artificial Intelligence summit-RAISE 2020 and Maria Sharapova’s retirement among others.
1. Who among the following has been appointed as India’s next ambassador to France?
a) Vipin Nigam
b) Sanjeev Chawla
c) Jawed Ashraf
d) Vinay Mohan
2. Who among the following has secured first position in the Hurun Global Rich List-2020?
a) Jeff Bezos
b) Bill Gates
c) Mukesh Ambani
d) Bernard Renault
3. Which five-time Grand Slam champion recently announced her retirement from tennis at the age of 32?
a) Anna Kournikova
b) Elena Dementieva
c) Dinara Safiana
d) Maria Sharapova
4. Which Indian badminton player has become brand ambassador of Andhra Pradesh anti-corruption helpline?
a) Srikanth Kidambi
b) PV Sindhu
c) Saina Nehwal
d) Jwala Gutta
5. Which city will host India’s first Artificial Intelligence summit-RAISE 2020?
d) New Delhi
6. Which nation’s doctors used a robot to perform surgery to treat brain aneurysm?
7. The Union Government has decided to lift the ban imposed on the export of which among the following crops?
8. India signed 10 MoUs with which among the following nations on February 27, 2020?
d) Sri Lanka
9. A special Air India flight brought back 119 Indian stranded aboard which among the following cruise ships?
a) Viking Star
b) Crystal Serenity
c) Diamond Princess
d) Seabourn Muse
10. Which crop among the following is not a TOP crop?
1. (c) Jawed Ashraf
Jawed Ashraf, 1991 batch IFS officer, has been appointed as the next Indian ambassador to France. He earlier served as the High Commissioner of India to Singapore.
2. (a) Jeff Bezos
According to the Hurun Global Rich List -2020, Jeff Bezos remains the world's richest person. His net worth is USD 140 billion. The list ranked Mukesh Ambani as the ninth richest person in the world.
3. (d) Maria Sharapova
Five-time Grand Slam champion Maria Sharapova bid adieu to tennis at the age of 32 on February 26, 2020. Maria Sharapova is currently ranked 369. She won her first Grand Slam title - Wimbledon in 2004 at the age of 17.
4. (b) PV Sindhu
Andhra Pradesh Government has recently launched Anti-Corruption Toll Free Helpline Number. Badminton world champion PV Sindhu has been appointed as the brand ambassador for this helpline number.
5. (d) New Delhi
The Union Government will be organizing India’s maiden Artificial Intelligence summit- “RAISE 2020” from April 11-12, 2020 in New Delhi. The RAISE 2020 stands for “Responsible AI for Social Empowerment 2020”.
6. (c) Canada
Canadian doctors successfully performed a surgery using a robot to treat a 64-year-old female patient with brain aneurysm. Brain aneurysm is ballooning of a blood vessel in the brain. It can leak or rupture and cause bleeding into the brain.
7. (b) Onions
The government has decided to lift the six-month old ban imposed on the export of onions. The move was taken to protect farmer interests as prices of the crop are likely to fall sharply due to bumper rabi crop.
8. (a) Myanmar
India exchanged 10 MoUs with Myanmar on February 27, 2020 in different fields including energy, infrastructure, health, transport and communication and conservation of Tigers and other Wildlife.
9. (c) Diamond Princess
Air India has brought back 119 Indians stranded aboard the luxury cruise ship- Diamond Princess-in the Port of Yokohama in Japan. The cruise liner has been quarantined since February 3, 2020 after a passenger who had disembarked in Hong Kong was tested positive of COVID-19 virus.
10. (a) Peas
TOP crops include three major vegetables- Tomato, Onion and Potato. The centre recently launched a new Market Intelligence and Early Warning System to monitor the prices of TOP crops.