Current Affairs Quiz: 28 February 2020
The day’s updated quizzes cover topics such as world’s largest economies, National Science Day and new Indian Coast Guard vessel among others.
28 February 2020: The Current Affairs Quizzes section of Jagranjosh aims to help every competitive exam aspirant to revise the day at ease. The day’s updated quizzes cover topics such as world’s largest economies, National Science Day and new Indian Coast Guard vessel among others.
1. India has been ranked at which position in the list of world’s largest economies, as per IMF data?
2. Which nation is ranked as the world’s largest economy?
3. When is National Science Day observed every year in India?
a) February 20th
b) February 19th
c) February 26th
d) February 28th
4. Who among the following was recently named as the next Police Commissioner of Delhi?
a) SN Shrivastava
b) Amit Pradhan
c) Devendra Nath
d) SK Chaturvedi
5. Which company will use ISRO’s NavIC navigation technology in its upcoming smartphones for the first time in the world?
6. Which state’s high court recently passed an order to ban strikes, protests in School/College campuses?
b) Uttar Pradesh
7. Which state has announced a reward for those who help in nabbing corrupt officials?
b) Madhya Pradesh
d) Uttar Pradesh
8. Which country currently has the highest coronavirus cases outside China?
a) South Korea
9. Which state government has decided to undertake a genetic study to conserve the native species of cattle?
a) Uttar Pradesh
c) Madhya Pradesh
10. Indian Coast Guard’s sixth offshore patrol vessel was launched on February 27. What is the name of the vessel?
1. (b) Fifth
India has jumped two spots to become the world’s 5th largest economy, overtaking France and the United Kingdom, as per IMF’s October World Economic Outlook. India had previously dropped to the seventh position in 2018 following a major slowdown in economic growth.
2. (d) US
The United States of America is ranked as the world’s largest economy. The nation has held on to the spot since years. It is following by China and then Japan. India is the fifth largest economy behind Germany.
3. (d) February 28
The National Science Day is observed every year on February 28 in India. The day is observed to commemorate CV Raman’s invention of ‘Raman Effect’ on this day in 1928.
4. (a) SN Shrivastava
The Ministry of Home Affairs has issued an order to appoint SN Shrivastava as the next Police Commissioner of Delhi. He is 1985 batch IPS officer.
5. (b) Realme
Realme and Xiaomi's smartphones will now use Indian Space Research Organisation’s GPS technology NavIC. The companies will be the first in the world to use ISRO’s navigation technology.
6. (c) Kerala
Kerala High Court recently passed an order banning all kinds of protests and strikes within school and college campuses. The court stated students cannot indulge in activities that affect ‘Right to Study’.
7. (c) Bihar
The Bihar state government has announced a reward up to Rs 10000 for those who help in nabbing corrupt officials. The identity of the person who helps will be kept as a secret. The decision was taken at a cabinet meeting chaired by Chief Minister Nitish Kumar.
8. (a) South Korea
South Korea has reported 256 new confirmed cases of COVID-19, taking the total number of coronavirus cases in the nation to 2022, which is the highest outside China. Over 90 percent of the new cases have been reported in Daegu city and the neighbouring North Gyeongsang province.
9. (b) Maharashtra
Maharashtra has decided to undertake a genetic study to conserve the native species of cattle and domesticated animals in the Marathwada region of Maharashtra.
10. (d) Vajra
Indian Coast Guard’s sixth offshore patrol vessel, ‘VAJRA’ was launched on February 27, 2020 to provide a boost to coastal security. The vessel will enhance the operational capabilities of the coast guard in search and rescue operations and maritime patrolling and surveillance.