Jagranjosh.com brings for its reader daily updated quizzes that cover the topics like World Maritime Day, World’s first baby born using new three person fertility technique and 5th Asian Beach Games among others.
1. What was the theme for World Maritime Day that was observed across the world on 29 September 2016?
a) IMO conventions: effective implementation
b) At Sea for All
c) Shipping: Indispensable to the World
d) Maritime education and training
2. Name the state that signed an MoU with ISRO to provide digital classes across the state through its state channel.
a) Andhra Pradesh
c) Tamil Nadu
3. Which of the following country has not boycotted the 19th SAARC Summit scheduled to be held in Islamabad, Pakistan in November 2016?
b) Sri Lanka
4. Name the IT project that was approved by CCEA that which will help integrate system of Central Board of Excise and Customs with the GST network before the roll out in April 2017.
d) None of the above
5. Name the drought affected state for which the Union Government has approved assistance of 1269 crore rupees.
6. Which women’s Kabbadi team won the gold medal at the 5th Asian Beach Games played at Bien Dong Park in Danang, Vietnam?
7. Which men’s Kabbadi team won the gold medal at the 5th Asian Beach Games played at Bien Dong Park in Danang, Vietnam?
8. Russia recently signed an agreement on Peaceful Nuclear Cooperation with which country?
9. The world’s first baby was born from a new procedure that combines the DNA of three people. What is the name of the procedure?
a) Mitochondrial Contribution
b) Cytoplasm Transfer
c) Mitochondrial Donation
d) None of the above
10. The Union Cabinet recently approved closure of which of the following companies?
a) Western Coalfields
b) Hindustan Cables Limited
c) Andrew Yule and Company
d) New India Assurance
11. Name the former Australian cricketer, nicknamed as Tangles, who passed away recently.
a) Max Walker
b) Jack Barrett
c) Syd Gregory
d) Ernie Jones
12. Union Cabinet in September 2016 approved MoU between India and which country in the field of Industrial Property Cooperation?
13. Which region was declared as Measles free recently by WHO?
a) The Americas
b) United Kingdom
c) United Arab Emirates
d) West Africa
14. Who was appointed as the Chief Secretary to the Karnataka Government recently?
a) Subhash Chandra Khuntia
b) Arvind Jadhav
c) Upendra Tripathy
d) SK Pattanayak
15. When the World Heart Day is celebrated every year?
a) 26 September
b) 27 September
c) 28 September
d) 29 September
1. (c) Shipping: indispensable to the world
2. (d) Telangana
3. (b) Sri Lanka
4. (a) Saksham
5. (d) Maharashtra
6. (a) India
7. (b) Pakistan
8. (d) Cuba
9. (c) Mitochondrial Donation
10. (b) Hindustan Cables Limited
11. (a) Max Walker
12. (b) Singapore
13. (a) The Americas
14. (a) Subhash Chandra Khuntia
15. (d) 29 September
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.