3 June 2017: Jagranjosh.com brings for its reader daily updated quizzes that cover the topics like CEO of Prasar Bharati, first gay Prime Minister of Ireland and MODI festival among others
1. Who was appointed as the CEO of Prasar Bharati recently?
a) Shashi Shekar Vempati
b) Arvind Mayaram
c) Shaktikanta Das
d) Vijay Kelkar
2. Which Indian-American recently was appointed as Judge in the US Court of Appeals?
a) Ananya Vinay
b) Amul Thapar
c) Rohan Rajeev
d) Richard Sinha
3. Name the Indian-origin Irish who is set to become the first gay Prime Minister of Ireland.
a) Simon Coveney
b) Enda Kenny
c) Leo Varadkar
d) Gimmy Verma
4. Which country passed the Abdication Bill in order to abdicate the ageing king?
d) United Kingdom
5. Who resigned from the Supreme Court-appointed Committee of Administrators (CoA) of BCCI?
a) Ramchandra Guha
b) Vinod Rai
c) Vikram Limaye
d) Diana Edulji
6. Where was the Odisha's first MITS Mega Food Park was inaugurated recently?
c) Kalahandi Balangir Koraput Region
7. Indian organisation won the 2017 Asia Pacific Quality Network (APQN) Award?
a) Telecom Regulatory Authority of India
b) National Assessment and Accreditation Council
c) Indian Space Research Organisation
d) Defence Research and Development Organisation
8. Who was sworn-in as the President of Serbia recently?
a) Ivica Dacic
b) Tomislav Nikolic
c) Dragan Sutanovac
d) Aleksandar Vucic
9. S Abdul Rahman, who passed away recently, was the famous poet of which language?
10. Which state government launched digital wallet T-Wallet for people with and without mobile phones?
11. Which Indian state is all set to commission a coastal warning system that would set off a warning in case of natural disasters?
c) Andhra Pradesh
d) Tamil Nadu
12. Which state launched a three-day MODI festival on 2 June 2017?
b) Uttar Pradesh
c) Andhra Pradesh
13. Who was selected as the recipient of the 2017 PEN/Malamud Award for Excellence in the Short Story?
a) Jhumpa Lahiri
b) Chetan Bhagat
c) Arundhati Roy
d) Amitav Ghosh
14. Scientists have discovered a potentially habitable Earth-like planet, located how many light years away?
a) 17 light years away
b) 21 light years away
c) 24 light years away
d) 30 light years away
15. Which Union Minister was conferred with World Health Organisation (WHO)’s Director General’s Special Recognition Award for leadership and commitment to advancing tobacco control?
a) J P Nadda, Union Minister of Health and Family Welfare
b) Rajnath Singh, Union Minister of Home Affairs
c) Arun Jaitley, Union Defence Minister
d) None of the above
1. (a) Shashi Shekar Vempati
2. (b) Amul Thapar
3. (c) Leo Varadkar
4. (a) Japan
5. (a) Ramchandra Guha
6. (c) Kalahandi Balangir Koraput Region
7. (b) National Assessment and Accreditation Council
8. (d) Aleksandar Vucic
9. (b) Tamil
10. (c) Telangana
11. (b) Odisha
12. (c) Andhra Pradesh
13. (a) Jhumpa Lahiri
14. (b) 21 light years away
15. (a) J P Nadda, Union Minister of Health and Family Welfare
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.