Jagranjosh.com brings for its reader daily updated quizzes that cover the topics like 2016 Nobel Prize in Chemistry, 2016 John F Richards Prize and 4th Bi-Monthly Monetary Policy among the others.
1. The 2016 Nobel Prize in Chemistry was awarded to
a) Jean-Pierre Sauvage, Sir James Fraser Stoddart and Bernard L Feringa
b) Jacobus Henricus van 't Hoff
c) Tomas Lindahl, Paul Modrich and Aziz Sancar
d) Paul Modrich
2. India recently signed three MoUs with which country to strengthen ties on countering terrorism and skill development?
a) United States
d) European Union
3. Who won the 2016 John F Richards Prize of American Historical Association?
a) Nancy Rose Hunt
b) Nayanjot Lahiri
c) Boubakar Barry
d) Vinaya Manchaia
4. Which taxi-booking app launched the offline taxi booking feature recently?
5. The Union Cabinet recently approved the signing of MoU between India and which group of countries in the field of water resources?
a) ASEAN Countries
b) BRICS Nations
c) European Union
d) SAARC Members
6. RBI in its 4th Bi-Monthly Monetary Policy Statement 2016-17 reduced the Repo rate by what basis point?
7. RBI in its 4th Bi-Monthly Monetary Policy Statement 2016-17 adjusted the Reverse Repo rate by at what percent?
8. Who won the 2016 Nobel Prize in Physics?
a) David Thouless, Duncan Haldane and Michael Kosterlitz
b) Serge Haroche and David J Wineland
c) Andre Geim and Konstantin Novoselov
d) Saul Perlmutter, Brian P Schmidt and Adam Riess Hide
9. The first-ever BRICS trade fair will be held in which city of India?
b) New Delhi
10. Who was appointed as CMD of Power Finance Corporation recently?
a) Rajeev Sharma
b) Ketan Kumar
c) MS Sahoo
d) Nayanjot Singh
11. The Union Cabinet recently approved the amendments to which Bill to safeguard the rights of people living with HIV?
a) HIV and AIDS Prevention and Management Bill, 2016
b) HIV Organ Policy Equity Bill, 2015
c) HIV and AIDS (Prevention and Control) Bill, 2014
d) HIV Discrimination & Protection Bill, 2015
12. What is the theme of the 2016 World Teachers' Day?
a) Empowering teachers, building sustainable societies
b) Teachers of today and tomorrow
c) Invest in the future, invest in teachers
d) Valuing Teachers, Improving their Status
13. Which country recently became the first in the world to ban disposable plastic cups and plates?
14. Name the former ISRO Chairman who was recently inducted into the 2016 IAF Hall of Fame by the International Aeronautical Federation.
a) Madhavan Nair
b) U R Rao
c) Shailesh Nayak
d) K.K. Radhakrishnan
15. Name the noted contemporary artist, who had recently released a book called Faces of Creativity, who died recently.
a) Yusuf Arakkal
b) Jayed Sen
c) Yusuf Khan
d) None of the above
1. (a) Jean-Pierre Sauvage, Sir James Fraser Stoddart and Bernard L Feringa
2. (b) Singapore
3. (b) Nayanjot Lahiri
4. (c) Ola
5. (c) European Union
6. (c) 25
7. (c) 6.75
8. (a) David Thouless, Duncan Haldane and Michael Kosterlitz
9. (b) New Delhi
10. (a) Rajeev Sharma
11. (c) HIV and AIDS (Prevention and Control) Bill, 2014
12. (d) Valuing Teachers, Improving their Status
13. (c) France
14. (b) U R Rao
15. (a) Yusuf Arakkal
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.