8 December 2017: The Current Affairs Quizzes section of Jagranjosh aims to help every competitive exam aspirant to revise the day at ease. The day’s updated quizzes cover the topics like Wassenaar Arrangement, Kumbh Mela and The Silence Breakers among others.
1. Which country will be the new Member of Wassenaar Arrangement?
2. Which of the following was recognized by UNESCO as India’s Intangible Cultural Heritage of Humanity?
a) Chathh Puja
b) Kumbh Mela
3. Which country recently passed same-sex marriage bill?
a) South Africa
4. When is the Armed Forces Flag Day celebrated every year in India?
a) 4 December
b) 5 December
c) 6 December
d) 7 December
5. Who was named as the Person of the Year 2017 by the Time magazine?
a) The Silence Breakers
b) The Whistleblowers
c) #Metoo Campaigners
d) None of the Above
6. The BR Ambedkar International Centre was recently launched in which city?
b) New Delhi
7. Which country will host the 46th Congress of the International Hockey Federation (FIH-2018)?
8. Who resigned as National Sports Observer over conflict of Interest issue following the resignation of Mary Kom?
a) Jitender kumar
b) Vijender Singh
c) Shiva Thapa
d) Sushil Kumar
9. The US President Donald Trump recognised which place as the capital of Israel?
d) Tel Aviv
10. Who will head the 3-member committee constituted by the National Commission on Minorities to give minority status to Hindus in 8 states?
a) Ajay Kumar
b) George Kurien
c) Sulekha Kambre
d) Manjeet Singh Rai
1. (a) India
Wassenaar Arrangement (WA), key export control regime, on 7 December 2017 decided to admit India as its new member. The decision was taken during the two-day plenary meeting of the Wassenaar Arrangement grouping in Vienna.
2. (b) Kumbh Mela
The Kumbh Mela has been inscribed on the UNESCO’s Representative List of Intangible Cultural Heritage of Humanity’ at its 12th session in Jeju, South Korea on 7 December 2017. This inscription is the third in two years for India following the inscriptions of yoga and Nouroz.
3. (c) Australia
To allow the same-sex marriage, the Australian Parliament voted for same-sex marriage bill with majority, following a bitter and divisive debate settled by the government polling voters in a much-criticised ballot survey that strongly endorsed the change.
4. (d) 7 December
The Armed Forces Flag Day is observed every year in India on 7 December to remember the sacrifices and commemorate the honour to the soldiers, airmen and sailors. The day is dedicated towards collection of funds from people for the welfare of the Armed Forces personnel.
5. (a) The Silence Breakers
Time magazine named ‘The silence breakers’ its Person of the Year for 2017 referring to those individuals, mostly women, who came forward this year to publicly expose patterns of sexual harassment and assault by powerful public figures in America like Hollywood mogul Harvey Weinstein. Ashley Judd was the first actress to come forward on the record to make accusations against the 65-year-old Weinstein.
6. (b) New Delhi
Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated the BR Ambedkar International Centre in New Delhi to encourage research and original thinking among the youth. The purpose of the centre is to promote the thoughts and teachings of Dr Ambedkar.
7. (c) India
The 46th Congress of the International Hockey Federation (FIH-2018) will be held in New Delhi from 30 October to 3 November. The biennial event will run for four days and will comprise meetings, social events, networking opportunities and presentations.
8. (d) Sushil Kumar
Sushil Kumar resigned as the National Sports Observer for wrestling a fortnight after Mary Kom stepped down from the same post for boxing.
9. (a) Jerusalem
US President Donald Trump recognised Jerusalem as the capital of Israel and announced plans to relocate the US embassy from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem.
10. (b) George Kurien
George Kurien, Vice-chairman of National Commission on Minorities (NCM), has been appointed as the Chairman of the 3-member committee set up to study the case of minority status to Hindus in 8 States.
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.