Current Affairs Today Headline- 11 May 2022
Find here Today's Current Affairs News Headlines by Jagran Josh for 11 May 2022.
- India reports 2,897 fresh cases, 2,986 recoveries, and 54 deaths in the last 24 hours, taking total active cases to 19,494.
- Senior Congress leader and former Union Minister Pandit Sukh Ram passed away at the age of 95.
- India contributed USD 800,000 to promote Hindi at UN
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi expressed gratitude to scientists and their efforts that led to the successful Pokhran tests in 1998 on National Technology Day.
- AAI provides space to self-help groups at Surat, other airports to empower local artisans.
- Supreme Court of India directs Election Commission to issue schedule for civic polls in MP.
- AR Rahman, Akshay Kumar among celebs to walk Cannes 2022 Red Carpet with Anurag Thakur
- Union Minister Anurag Thakur will be leading a delegation from India at Cannes 2022 Festival.
- Cyclone Asani' weakens into 'cyclonic storm' today, likely to become depression by May 12th.
- An earthquake of magnitude 6.6 occurred at around 4:36am, in Jujuy Province, Argentina today.
- Prolonged summer heatwave in Australia left 91 percent of the Great Barrier Reef's coral damaged by bleaching, as per a new government monitoring report.
- Pakistani rupee plunges to all-time low against US dollar.
- Sri Lankan army chief denies armed forces poised to shoot at general public.
- Tesla chief Elon Musk says he would reverse Twitter's ban on Donald Trump.
- China's zero Covid strategy to defeat pandemic not 'sustainable': WHO chief
- Uzbek minister expresses interest to access Chabahar port, says Uzbekistan can be India's gateway to Eurasia.
- Tokyo will begin recognising same-sex partnerships from November, becoming the largest city in Japan to do so.
- US House of Representatives votes to send a $40 billion aid package to Ukraine, after President Joe Biden warned funds to help Kyiv repel the Russian invasion would likely dry up within days.
- The US Senate confirmed Lisa Cook to the Federal Reserve on May 10, 2022, making her the first Black woman to serve on the central bank's board.
- Ukraine's first president Leonid Kravchuk dies.
- President Vladimir Putin will not end the Ukraine war with the Donbas campaign and is determined to build a land bridge to Russian-controlled territory in Moldova, US Director of National Intelligence Avril Haines said on May 10.
- Gujarat Titans make it to playoffs in first IPL outing, beat Lucknow Super Giants by 62 runs.
- Champions League to expand by 4 teams to 36, confirms UEFA.
- Manchester City confirm agreement to sign Borussia Dortmund striker Erling Haaland.
- Former England batsman Graham Thorpe severely ill, currently receiving treatment.
Take Weekly Tests on app for exam prep and compete with others. Download Current Affairs and GK app
एग्जाम की तैयारी के लिए ऐप पर वीकली टेस्ट लें और दूसरों के साथ प्रतिस्पर्धा करें। डाउनलोड करें करेंट अफेयर्स ऐपAndroidIOS