Deepika Padukone and Farhan Akhtar won the Best Actress and Best Actor awards respectively on 15 January 2014 at the 20th Screen Awards. Padukone was awarded as the best actor Award (female) for Ram-leela and Farhan was awarded for his power packed performance in the Bhaag Milkha Bhaag.
Apart from the award of the best actress, Padukone also bagged the most popular choice award (female) for Chennai Express. She had four blockbuster movies in 2013 namely Race 2, Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani, Chennai Express and Ram Leela. All the four films were ranked in the 100-crore club in the box office.
The Most Popular Choice Award (male) was given to Shah Rukh Khan for Chennai Express. Amitabh Bachan received the Lifetime Achievement Award.
Other awards announced and given were:
• Special Jury Award: won by director Anand Gandhi for Ship of Theseus
• Ram Nath Goenka Memorial award – won by John Abraham for Madras Cafe
• Best on-screen Jodi of the Year – given to Aditya Roy Kapur and Shraddha Kapoor of Aashiqui 2
• Best Film Award – won by Bhaag Milkha Bhaag
• Best Director Award – won by Shoojit Sircar for Madras Cafe
• Best Story Award – won by Mohan Sikka for BA Pass
• Best Screenplay – won by Hansal Mehta, Sameer Gautam Singh and Apurva Asrani for the biopic on murdered lawyer Shahid Azmi (Shahid)
• Best Supporting Actor awards – won by Saurabh Shukla and Swara Bhaskar for Jolly LLB and Raanjhanaa respectively
• Best Actor in Negative Role (male) – won by Rishi Kapoor for his role in D Day in which he played the role of Dawood Ibrahim
• Best Actor in Negative Role (female) – won by Shilpa Shukla for her erotic drama in BA pass
• Best Actor in Comic Role award – won by Richa Chadda for Fukrey
• Most promising newcomer award - won bySushant Singh Rajput for Kai Po Che
• Most promising newcomer (female) – won by Aida Ei-Kashef for Ship of Theseus
• Most promising debut director – won by Ritesh Batra for The Lunchbox