Delhi Budget 2014-15: Highlights
Union Finance Minister presented Delhi Budget 2014-15 of 36776 crore rupees in Parliament. No new taxes were proposed.
Union Finance Minister Arun Jaitley on 18 July 2014 presented Delhi’s Budget 2014-15 of 36776 crore rupees in Parliament. He presented the budget as the legislative assembly of Delhi has been kept under suspended animation because of imposition of President Rule.
In the proposed budget, the Union Finance Minister proposed no new taxes. Of the total proposed budget of 36766 crore rupees, 19066 crore rupees is non-plan expenditure.
Major Highlights of Delhi Budget 2014-15
• A new medical college with 100 seats will be started at Rohini and efforts will be made to ensure that the first batch of students is admitted by 2015.
• One multi-specialty hospital for South Delhi in the current year is proposed.
• One stop centre for crisis management and rehabilitation of victims of sexual assault will be setup in each district with the support of Central Government.
• Three more Forensic Science Laboratories will be setup at Sheikh Sarai, Rohini and Village Sayurpur.
• Regional Forensic Science Laboratory at Chanakya Puri will be made functional from the rented accommodation.
• Senior Secondary Schools exclusively for girls would be opened in two Assembly Constituencies.
• A new School of Planning, Architecture and Design will be setup in East Delhi by GGSIP University.
• Construction work of National Institute of Technology (NIT) at Narela will be expedited.
Social Security & Welfare
• Financial support will be extended to two children of incarcerated parents till they attain the age of 18 years or till their parents are released whichever is earlier.
• All eligible beneficiaries will be covered under Food Security Scheme in next few months.
• All fair price shops will be computerized. All vehicles deployed for transportation of food articles to fair price shops will be covered by a GPS – RFID based vehicle tracking system.
• To set up three new homes for mentally challenged persons at different locations.
Housing & Urban Development
• At present 185 night shelters are operational in Delhi, seven more night shelters will be constructed.
• Toilet facilities to all slum dwellers will be provided.
• Piped water supply system will be provided in 50 unauthorized colonies and sewerage system will be laid in 95 unauthorized colonies.
• Construction of Renuka Dam would be taken up on priority.
• Renovation and modernization of Chandrawal Water Treatment Plant and Wazirabad Water
• About 500 ATMs supported with ground water / tanker services will be setup
Sanitation & Control of Pollution in Yamuna
• Special Treatment Plant (STP) at Pappan Kalan, Nilothi, Yamuna Vihar and Delhi Gate will be commissioned. This will increase the sewerage treatment capacity from the present level of 604 MGD to 684 MGD.
• Old STP and their allied infrastructure at Kondli, Rithala and Okhla shall be rehabilitated under Yamuna Action Plan (YAP-III).
• A 40 MGD STP will be setup with technical support of Singapore Government for achieving tertiary quality of treated effluent.
• DTC will introduce an automated fare collection system through electronic ticketing machines and card readers. This system will subsequently be integrated with the fare collection system of Delhi Metro.
• ISBT at Sarai Kale Khan and Anand Vihar will be developed.
• Elevated corridor over Barapullah Nullah will be extended from Sarai Kale Khan to Mayur Vihar under phase - III.
• To provide relief to the targeted consumers on account of increase in tariff and to ensure poor and marginalized should not suffer, subsidy @ 1.20 rupee per unit up to 200 units and 80 paisa per unit for the slab 201 – 400 units will be extended to domestic consumers. Accordingly a provision of 260 crore rupees is proposed.
• 400 kV sub-station at Harsh Vihar and 220 kV GIS sub-station at Peera Garhi will be commissioned.
• Three new 220 kV GIS sub-stations at Papankalan, Tughlakabad and Rajghat Power House will be constructed.
• 1500 MW Gas Turbine Station at Bawana will be made fully functional.
• New Delhi Municipal Council (NDMC) area will be developed as a solar city.