The Delhi Government on 24 February 2015 launched a mobile application mLiquorSaleCheck for the benefit of the customers and to put a cap on sale of illicit liquor. The App will provide detailed information about the liquor being sold in the city.
The application is expected to confirm the authenticity of the liquor and bridge gaps in system adoption. The application will also prevent the circulation of counterfeit products and help the Excise Department with information on where spurious, illicit liquor sale is rampant.
How the App works?
• The application informs the customer whether the liquor bought by him is coming through the Excise-approved system or not.
• Every liquor bottle or case has a unique barcode pasted on its cap or case. Scanning this barcode through the mobile app, a user gets the information such as brand name and size.
• This information is provided on real time basis from the central core server.
• It allows the user to provide shop name from where the liquor has been purchased.
• The user provided shop name is then sent to the central server and is used for further analysis.
Who: Delhi Government
When: 24 February 2015