Dmitry O Rogozin, the Russian Deputy Prime Minister visited India
Russian Deputy Prime Minister, Dmitry O Rogozin was on a two-day visit to India. During this visit he met with Narendra Modi and Sushma Swaraj.
Dmitry O Rogozin, the Deputy Prime Minister of Russia was on a two-day visit to India. He was on a visit to India from 18 June to 19 June 2014. During the visit, he met Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Union External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj. During the meet discussions on a range of bilateral and international issues of mutual interest were made.
Major discussions during the visit included
• The two countries decided to step up their cooperation in the field of hydrocarbons, pharmaceuticals, cooking coal and infrastructure
• It was decided to increase the bilateral trade beyond the present ten billion dollars
• Meet of the two leaders, Rogozin and Swaraj was focused on improving the untapped potential between the two countries in terms of economic and commercial engagement.
• Swaraj and Rogozin also deliberated on cooperation in nuclear energy sector, particularly issues relating to signing of a deal for unit 3 and 4 of the Kudankulam Nuclear Power Plant
• India has also proposed to have a trade show in Moscow in September 2014
Narendra Modi, the Prime Minister of India during his meet with Rogozin described Russia as a time-tested and reliable friend that had stood with India in difficult times and a major partner in building India's defence capabilities, for which Russia enjoys enormous goodwill in India. He also looked forward to a productive, substantive and forward looking Summit with President Putin.
This was first high-level visit from Russia after Narendra Modi assumed the office of Prime Minister in May 2014.