Dubai Inaugurated Tallest Twisted Tower of the World Called Cayan Tower
Dubai in the first week of June 2013 inaugurated the tallest twisted tower of the world called Cayan Tower at the cost of 272 million US dollar.
Dubai in the first week of June 2013 inaugurated the tallest twisted tower of the world called Cayan Tower at the cost of 272 million US dollar. Earlier it was called the Infinity Tower. It was inaugurated in Dubai Marina. With this, Dubai created yet another record of engineering marvels as well as skyscrapers.
About the Cayan Tower
• Cayan Tower is 310 metre or 1017 foot tall residential tower.
• It is 75 storeys building which is twisted at 90 degrees from the top most position to the bottom most position.
• The developer of this tower is Cayan Real Estate Investment and Development Company.
• 80 percent of the residential units have been sold already.
• Construction of this tower started in 2006, but then it was delayed.
• The Cayan Tower has been designed by the masterminds of Burj Khalifa- Chicago-based Skidmore Owings and Merrill. Burj Khalifa is the tallest tower of the world with a height of 2717 foot. It broke all architectural and engineering records when it was inaugurated in January 2010.
• The Guinness World Records in May 2012 declared Princess Tower (the 1356 foot tower) of Dubai as the tallest residential building of the world.
• Also, in 2012, the tallest hotel of the world- JW Marriott Marquis Dubai was inaugurated.