Union Environment Minister Anil Madhav Dave passed away on 18 May 2017 following a brief illness at AIIMS Hospital, Delhi. He was 60.
The minister was last seen in meeting with Prime Minister Narendra Modi on 17 May 2017 itself.
About Anil Madhav Dave
• Dave took charge as Union Minister of Environment, Forest and Climate Change in July 2016.
• He was elected to the Rajya Sabha in August 2009.
• Before being appointed as a member of Rajya Sabha, he was appointed as a Member of Committee on Water Resources.
• He was also on the Consultative Committee for the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting.
• From March to June 2010, Dave was a member of the Parliamentary Forum on Global Warming and Climate Change.
• Apart from his political career, he was also a prolific writer, he penned nine books in Hindi that reflected his varied interests including conservation of the Narmada River and on freedom fighter Chandrasekhar Azad.
• His books were translated to Marathi, Malayalam, Gujarati and Kannada. He also wrote a book in English named Beyond Copenhagen.
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.