An Executive Programme for Cultural Cooperation was signed between India and Senegal for the period 2013-2015 on 29 July 2013 at New Delhi. This programme was signed to affirm the commitment of the two countries for sustaining the cultural exchanges.
Executive Programme for Cultural Cooperation was signed by Chandresh Kumari Katoch, Minister of Culture on behalf of Government of India and by Adboul Aziz Mbaye, Minister of Culture, on behalf of Government of Senegal. The programme will remain valid for a period of three years. However, it will remain intact till the fresh Exchange Programme is signed.
Objectives of the Executive Programme for Cultural Cooperation
• Executive Programme for Cultural Cooperation will seek to exchange the experts in the field of theatre.
• The programme will encourage training in certain spheres such as artistic heritage, creative activities, audio visual, music, dance, theatre and puppetry.
• The programme will seek to exchange the publications on cultural heritage.
• It will seek to exchange the canvas works and grounding mats for exhibition.
• This programme will exchange the experts in the field of prehistoric archaeology, while at the same time, providing laboratory training in the field of restoration of cultural properties and monuments.
• The programme will also exchange experts reciprocally in order to promote the library activities and expertise in the fields of publishing, printing and binding.
• The Executive Programme for Cultural Cooperation will also exchange programmes which depict various facets of life and culture in the two parties through their respective Radio and TV organizations.
• This programme will exchange experiences in the field of sports and explore the possibilities of exchanging sports teams or the coaches in diverse disciplines.
• Under the programme, there will be an organisation of the cultural week which features various aspects of its culture.
• The programme will also seek to exchange one or two experts in the field of performing arts and literature.
Who: India and Senegal
Where: New Delhi
When: 29 July 2013
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.