Barcelona FC on 15 May 2016 retained the Spanish league title La Liga with 3-0 score against Granada in the final match.
Luis Suárez finished as top scorer, being the first player apart from Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo to do so since the 2008–09 season.
The football club finished the tournament with 91 points in total. It is Barcelona FC's fifth straight win and eighth league title in 12 seasons.
Football Club Real Madrid finished second with a 2-0 win over Deportivo.
About FC Barcelona
• FC Barcelona is a football club founded in 1899 by a group of Swiss, English and Catalan footballers led by Joan Gamper.
• It is the second most valuable sports team in the world, worth 3.56 billion US dollar.
• It is also the world's second richest football club in terms of revenue, with an annual turnover of 560.8 million euro.
• Barcelona's players have won a record number of Ballon d'Or awards (11), as well as a record number of FIFA World Player of the Year awards (7).
• In 2009, Barcelona became the first Spanish club to win the continental treble consisting of La Liga, Copa del Rey, and the UEFA Champions League.
About La Liga
• La Liga is the top professional association football division of the Spanish football league system.
• It is contested by 20 teams, with the three lowest-placed teams relegated to the Segunda Division and replaced by the top two teams in that division plus the winner of a play-off.
• Real Madrid had won the title for a record 32 times and Barcelona has won it 24 times.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App