Famous American fantasy drama television series, Game of Thrones, created for HBO won an unprecedented 12 awards at the 67th Primetime Emmy Awards held on 20 September 2015. The ceremony was held at the Microsoft Theater in Downtown Los Angeles, California.
Game of Thrones fetched 12 awards, including best drama series. It was the first time that the popular fantasy drama won the best drama series award.
Awards won by Game of Thrones
• Outstanding Drama Series
• Outstanding Supporting Actor (Peter Dinklage)
• Outstanding Writing in a Drama Series
• Outstanding Direction in a Drama Series
• Outstanding Make-Up for a Single-Camera Series (Non-Prosthetic)
• Outstanding Single-Camera Picture Editing for a Drama Series
• Outstanding Production Design for a Narrative Contemporary or Fantasy Program (One Hour or More)
• Outstanding Sound Editing for a Series
• Outstanding Sound Mixing for a Scripted Series
• Outstanding Special Visual Effects
• Outstanding Stunt Coordination for a Drama Series
• Outstanding Casting for a Drama Series
About Game of Thrones
The famous drama was created for HBO by showrunners David Benioff and D. B. Weiss. The show is an adaptation of A Song of Ice and Fire, George R. R. Martin's series of fantasy novels, the first of which is titled A Game of Thrones.
The show premiered on HBO in the United States on 17 April 2011. It completed its fifth season on 14 June 2015.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App
Who: Game of Thrones
When: 20 September 2015
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.