The Indian Council of Food and Agriculture (ICFA) on 15 December 2016 presented 'Global Agriculture Leadership Award 2016' to Ratan Tata in Mumbai.
Tata was conferred with the prestigious award for his transformational role in scaling Tata Group as the globally admired group during his stint of 20 years as Chairman.
The Leadership Awards Jury was chaired by Prof. M.S. Swaminathan, pioneer of India's Green Revolution.
About Indian Council of Food and Agriculture
- The Indian Council of Food and Agriculture was launched as an apex body to act as think tank, policy research, trade facilitation, development catalyst and monitoring centre for food and agriculture sector.
- The body also serves as global platform for partnerships.
- It also focuses on farmers and agri-entrepreneurs towards helping them connect with the market opportunities.
About Ratan Tata
- Ratan Naval Tata is an Indian businessman, investor and philanthropist.
- Currently, he is serving as an Interim Chairman of Tata Sons.
- He served as the chairman of Tata Group from 1991 till 2012.
- In 2000, he was conferred with Padma Bhushan.
- In 2008, he was honoured with the Padma Vibhushan.