Harish Lakshman Elected New President of Automotive Component Manufacturers Association
Automotive Component Manufacturers Association of India (ACMA), elected Harish Lakshman as the new President on 10 September 2013.
Automotive Component Manufacturers Association of India (ACMA), the apex body of auto components manufacturers, elected Harish Lakshman as the new President on 10 September 2013. Ramesh Suri, Chairman, Global Autotech was elected as the Vice-President for the term 2013-14.
The new ACMA Executive Committee comprises of eminent leaders from the auto sector. Harish Lakshman is the Managing Director, Rane TRW Steering Systems.
Who is Harish Lakshman?
• Harish Lakshman served as the Chief Executive officer of Rane (Madras) Limited.
• He has an experience of 5 years in Management of Auto Component Companies.
• Additionally, he also served at the posts of Vice Chairman of Rane Engine Valve Limited, Director of Rane Investments Ltd., Rane NSK Steering Systems Ltd., JMA Rane Marketing Ltd. and Rane Diecast Ltd.
• He remained the Non-Executive Director of Rane Brake Lining Limited since 2008.
• He has the BE in Mechanical Engineering and a Master's degree (MSM) from Purdue University, USA.
About the Automotive Component Manufacturers Association of India
The Automotive Component Manufacturers Association of India (ACMA) is the nodal agency for the Indian Auto Component Industry. It has participation in the trade promotion, technology up-gradation, quality enhancement and collection and dissemination of information. ACMA is a major catalyst for the development of automotive industry. Other activities of ACMA include participation in international trade fairs, sending trade delegations overseas and bringing out publications on various subjects related to the automotive industry.