The Ministry of Human Resource Development of Government of India announced on 2 October 2013 to constitute a Council of National Institute of Technical Teachers Training and Research (NITTTR).
It will facilitate better coordination and synergy between the four NITTTRs located at Chandigarh, Bhopal, Calcutta and Chennai. The Council shall be chaired by the Minister of Human Resource Development (ex-officio) with Chairman and Directors of the four NITTTRs and other academicians as members.
The Council will act as an advisory body to the Union Government on matters relating to Central policies, administration, development of plans and rules, curriculum and institutional resources for the NITTTRs.
Functions of National Institute of Technical Teachers Training and Research (NITTTR)
• To train technical teachers
• To develop curriculum and institutional resources
• To assist Central and State Governments and technical institutes towards improving related process and products.
• Learning Resources Development
• Research and Development
About National Institute of Technical Teachers Training and Research
• National Institute of Technical Teachers Training and Research (NITTTR) institutes were established in Chandigarh, Bhopal, Chennai and Kolkata in 1965.
• They were established by the Department of Education, MHRD Government of India as fully centrally funded autonomous institutions for providing pre and in-service training to the teachers and staff of Degree and Diploma level training institutions and also for conducting various activities related to quality improvement of the technical education system of the country.