Ian Murdock, best known for founding one of the world's best known Linux distributions, passed away on 28 December 2015 in San Francisco. He was 42.
The reason behind his death is unknown; however, his last tweets declared an intention to commit suicide.
Who was Ian Murdock?
• Ian Murdock was an American software engineer known for being the founder of the Debian project and Progeny Linux Systems, a commercial Linux company.
• He wrote the Debian Manifesto while a student at Purdue University, where he earned his bachelor's degree in computer science in 1996.
• In January 2006, he was appointed Chief Technology Officer of the Free Standards Group and elected chair of the Linux Standard Base workgroup.
• He left the Linux Foundation to join Sun Microsystems in March 2007 to lead Project Indiana.
• From November 2015 until his death, he worked for Docker, Inc.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App
Where: San Francisco
When: 28 December 2015
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.