India and Japan decided to cooperate in Cyber security & Green ICT
India and Japan decided to cooperate in the fields of cyber security and green ICT (information and communication technology).
India and Japan will cooperate in the fields of Cyber security and Green Information and Communication Technology (ICT).
The two countries announced their decision on 4 December 2014 after India-Japan Joint Working Group Meeting on ICT held in New Delhi. Accordingly, the two countries will cooperate in five different projects, namely
• Green ICT - Green Mobile Base Station project
• Cyber Security Cooperation - Japan-India Combat Spam project
• ICT for Disaster Management (ICT4DM) - ICT Use in disaster-affected areas project
• ICT Application for Social and Economic Challenges - National ID Application and Utilization Platform project
• Cooperative project for detecting symptoms and quick response to cyber attacks (PRACTICE)
Union Ministry for Communication and Information Technology (MCIT) and Ministry of Internal Affairs and Communication (MIC) Japan will coordinate the activities for taking these projects forward by involving industrial partners in both the countries.
The two countries have aimed that the joint projects should be implemented by early 2015.
To discuss and further work towards implementation of these projects, the next meeting of the joint working group is to be held in Tokyo in 2015.