India and Japan decided to strengthen defence Cooperation especially in maritime security, at the Defence Ministerial Meeting held in New Delhi on 6 January 2014. And also two countries decided to strengthen the Strategic and Global Partnership between Japan and India.
• The Defence Minister of India will visit Japan in 2014 and continue to carry out high-level mutual visits on annual basis.
• In 2014, Delhi will hold the third 2 plus 2 dialogue and the fourth Defence Policy Dialogue (Defence Secretary level).
• To promote exchanges on UN Peacekeeping Operations between Japan Peacekeeping Training and Research Centre, Joint Staff College (JPC), Central Readiness Force of Japan Ground Self Defence Force (JGSDF) and Centre for UN Peacekeeping (CUNPK) of the Indian Army.
• In 2014 the Indian Navy will visit Japan to conduct joint exercises and conduct bilateral exercises between Japan Maritime Self- Defence Force and Indian Navy on a regular basis.
• Conduct Expert exchanges in Humanitarian Assistance, Disaster Relief and Counter Terrorism between both Indian Army and Japan Ground Self Defence Force (JGSDF).
• Continue to conduct staff exchanges and discuss possibility of conducting staff talks between Japan Air Self-Defence Force and Indian Air Force and professional exchanges of test-pilots, professional exchanges in the field of flight safety and between their transport squadrons.
Prime Minister of Japan Shinzo Abe will be the chief guest of India's Independence Day on 26 January 2014.
If you have any Question/Point on the above information, please ask/discuss it in the Current Affairs Group
Who: India and Japan
Where: New Delhi
When: 6 January 2014
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.