India won six medals at the 7th Asian Junior Wushu Championships which concluded in Manila, Philippines which concluded on 13 August 2013.
India won one silver medal and five bronze medals in the Asian Junior Wushu Championships. A total of 22 countries participated in the Championships.
Mahipal Singh (75kg) won the silver medal. He lost against Iran in the final match. The bronze medals came in Sanshou event. The winners of the bronze medals were Neha Kashyap (48kg), Kiwlani Brhma (56kg) and Naveen Jatin (80kg). In the Taolu Chanquan individual category, Jyoti Kumari bagged the bronze and T Arita Devi won the bronze in Nanquan Taolu event.
About the Asian Junior Wushu Championships
• Asian Junior Wushu Championships take place after every two years.
• The seventh edition of the Asian Junior Wushu Championships took place from 6 August 2013 to 13 August 2013 in Manila, Philippines. In the competition, two events were included- Taolu and Sanda.
• The venue of the event was Makati Coliseum, Makati, Philippines.
• Wushu is actually an exhibition as well as full-contact sport which is derivative of Chinese martial arts.
• Wushu was developed primarily in China and in Chinese it means Martial Arts.
• Taolu and Sanda are the two disciplines of competitive Wushu.