India Mobile Congress 2017 to be held in September
IMC will witness participation of government bodies, Telecom Service Providers (TSPs), telecom equipment manufacturers.
Union Minister for Communications Manoj Sinha on 30 May 2017 made the formal announcement of organising India Mobile Congress 2017 (IMC 2017). The three-day IMC will be held from 27 to 29 September 2017 in New Delhi. The Ministry also launched the logo of India Mobile Congress 2017.
IMC will be India’s first and biggest platform to bring together all stakeholders from the domain of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) and take the Indian telecom industry at par with its international counterparts.
This is the first time India is all set to host its own mobile mega show.
Highlights of India Mobile Congress 2017
• India Mobile Congress will be the biggest event of the telecom industry and it will bring together all stakeholders from the industry and government on a common platform.
• The event will be organised by Department of Telecommunications along with Cellular Operators Association of India (COAI) and other stakeholders.
• IMC will witness participation of government bodies, Telecom Service Providers (TSPs), telecom equipment manufacturers, handset manufacturers and app providers.
• It will showcase exciting new products & innovation and share the India story.
• Besides the stalwarts of the Indian telecom industry, IMC will also see participation of various top notch international players who would be exploring avenues for investment in the country.
Indian telecom market is the second-largest in the world after China. India has a total subscriber base of over 1.18 billion subscribers.
Presently, India is undergoing a digital revolution and its telecom industry is gradually evolving as a mix of voice and data services. With the favourable regulation policies and 4G services hitting the market, the Indian telecommunication sector is expected to witness a fast growth in the coming years.