Indian-American Rupa Iyer awarded with Highest Teaching Award in US
Iyer is an Associate Dean at Research and Graduate Studies at the University of Houston’s College of Technology.
An Indian-American biotechnologist Rupa Iyer was on 19 May 2016 awarded with the University of Houston’s Distinguished Leadership in Teaching Excellence Award, the highest teaching award of United States.
Iyer was awarded for her sustained and significant contributions to education. She is an Associate Dean at Research and Graduate Studies at the University of Houston’s College of Technology.
About Rupa Iyer
• As the founding director of the biotechnology programme in the College of Technology, Iyer is well regarded for her strong commitment towards impacting students.
• Iyer has been part of the college since 2005 as a credentialed associate professor.
• She was named as Associate Dean of Research and Graduate Studies of the college in 2014.
• Her research is in the area of environmental biotechnology with applications in bioremediation for which she has also received many recognitions, awards and grants for her outstanding contributions.
• Iyer was recommended for the Fulbright Specialist Roster in 2015 after receiving the endorsement from the US Department of State’s Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs.
About Distinguished Leadership in Teaching Excellence Award
• It is the highest award given in teaching and the only one is given in this category by the varsity.
• The award is presented to a person who has ten or more years of teaching experience and has made sustained and significant contributions to education.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App