Shripad Yesso Naik, Union Minister of State for AYUSH (Independent Charge), on 12 September 2017 inaugurated India’s first State of art virology laboratory at Dr. Anjali Chatterjee Regional Research Institute for Homoeopathy in Kolkata, West Bengal.
The laboratory has been established to develop new drugs and technologies in homoeopathy to combat emerging challenges of viral diseases.
• The laboratory is established at a cost of Rs. 8 crore is the only one in India for conducting basic and fundamental research in Homoeopathy for viral diseases like influenza, Japanese encephalitis, dengue, chikungunya and swine flu.
• New drugs and technologies would be developed at the laboratory to combat emerging challenges of viral diseases.
About Ministry of AYUSH
• The Department of Ayurveda, Yoga and Naturopathy, Unani, Siddha and Homoeopathy (AYUSH) is a governmental body in India.
• Its aim is developing, education and research in Ayurveda, yoga, naturopathy, unani, siddha, homoeopathy, Sowa-rigpa and other indigenous medicine systems.
• The department was created in March 1995 as the Department of Indian Systems of Medicine and Homoeopathy (ISM&H).
• The department was renamed AYUSH in March 2003.
• The Ministry of AYUSH was formed with effect from 9 November 2014 by elevation of the Department of AYUSH.
When: 12 September 2017
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.