Italian fashion legend Carla Fendi passed away in the third week of June 2017 in Rome. She was 79.
Carla’s death was announced on 20 June 2017 by her family.
Carla, one of the five Italian sisters at the helm of the iconic Italian label, was the public face of the company famous colourful 'baguette' bags.
• Fendi is an Italian luxury fashion house whose specialities include fur and leather goods, shoes, fragrances, accessories etc.
• The house of Fendi was launched in 1925 by Adele and Edoardo Fendi as a fur and leather shop in Rome.
• Since 1946, the five second generation sisters (Paola, Anna, Franca, Carla and Alda) entered the company and brought a new wave of enthusiasm.
• Over time their logo of two F's, one of them upside-down and backwards, became an internationally recognised symbol for luxury.
• In 2014, Fendi started making plans to use drones to show its catwalk fashions.
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.