Jaipur Pink Panthers won the inaugural title of Pro Kabaddi League
Abhisek Bachchan owned Jaipur Pink Panther won the inaugural title of the Pro Kabaddi League by defeating U Mumba 35-24 in Mumbai.
Jaipur Pink Panther (JPP) owned by Abhisek Bachchan on 31 August 2014 won the inaugural title of the Star Sports Pro Kabaddi League. To win its first title of the tournament, Jaipur Pink Panther defeated U Mumba 35-24 at the NSCI Stadium in Mumbai.
U Mumba that emerged as the runner up of the tournament is owned by Unilazer Sports.
• Captain of Jaipur Pink Panther - Navneet Gautam
• Captain of U Mumba - Anup Kumar
About Pro Kabaddi League
Pro Kabaddi League was launched on 14 March 2014 jointly by Marshal Sports Pvt. Ltd. and the International Kabbadi Federation. It was launched at the National Sports Club of India, Mumbai with an aim to revive the indigenous sport of Kabaddi to levels of new professionalism. The inaugural tournament saw participation of eight teams owned by different people or organisations.
The teams that participated in the tournament and their owners were
• Bengal Warriors - owned by Future Group and was captained by Nilesh Shinde
• Bengaluru Bulls - owned by Kosmik Global Media and was captained by Manjit Chillar
• Dabang Delhi - owned by Do It Sports Management and was captained by Jasmer Singh
• Jaipur Pink Panther - owned by Abhishek Bachchan and was captained by Navneet Gautam
• Patna Pirates - owned by Rajesh Shah and was captained by Rakesh Kumar
• Puneri Paltan - owned byt Insurekot Sports and was captained by Wazir Singh
• Telugu Titans - owned by Veera Sports and was captained by Rajguru Subramanian
• U Mumba - owned by Unilazer Sports and was captained by Anup Kumar